PDA

View Full Version : need help asap

klutchbuster250
05-25-2007, 02:48 PM
k im installing new bars and i am having trouble taking the dam ignition out of the plastic, i got it out of the plastic but how can i get it off the cabel like can i disconenct the cabel and just slip it out how i need to know like asap sorry if i sound rude, im frustraded :mad:

mx825
05-25-2007, 04:10 PM
okay so i had the same problem. i just wound up getting really pissed and ripping it out. I tried disconnecting all the wiring and what not but that was just a waste of time. and i mounted my key to the frame instead of trying to put that ugly consol back on. the neutral and reverse lights are easy to get out in case you haven't tried.

klutchbuster250
05-25-2007, 04:42 PM
yea i got them out the stupid ignition is the only thing were did u mount it ? is it like out of the way cause i want it out of the way . if u can get a pic i really appreciate it thanks man

mx825
05-25-2007, 05:18 PM
haha. i gotta go find working batteries first. I'll have a picture in a few minutes. btw, i just used electrical tape and mounted it to the front right side of the frame. Don't put it too close to the engine though, i'm sure you'd burn the crap out of your hand.

mx825
05-25-2007, 05:35 PM
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/7857/quadys0.jpg

I have a metal thing that i could use to mount it, but i figured electrical tape would be fine. whatev. what kind of bars did you get?

klutchbuster250
05-25-2007, 06:53 PM
yea i just finish the bars and all that and i thought of puting it there but u gonna needd to leave it on all tha time right? o and i needed bars fast so i went with tusk cr high bend and i thought they were gonna be crappy but wow there pretty well buit o a and wut did u do with the nutral and revers light?

mx825
05-25-2007, 07:38 PM
NO. DO NOT LEAVE THE KEY ON.
you'll drain your battery and then you're just screwed. DON'T LEAVE THE KEY ON. but as far as the lights go, i just taped them up on to the opposite side of the frame.

tedwilley
05-25-2007, 09:46 PM
klutchbuster250

I looked up the same issue last month. Somewhere on this forum there is a picture of the lights mounted on one side of the tank in the plastic fairing, and the ignition on the other. It looked pretty cool, I just can't remember which post.
Sorry.

tedwilley
05-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Here are a couple of ideas, the last photo of the yellow ex is the general idea, but I know I saw this on a newer ex somewhere with general instructions on mounting too.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=276148&perpage=13&highlight=handlebars&pagenumber=3