PDA

View Full Version : valve's tapping

josh
10-16-2002, 09:37 PM
hey guys, my dad has a bone stock 1999 350 warrior in excell condition and we noticed the bike runs fine but you can hear the valves tapping, would anyone know how to adjust that and fix it, remember, it's a yammi, not a honda. I know someone's got to know how to adjust valve timing, it's not that hard is it, we have pulled apart my 250x before with no probs, and we only needed a manual to align the timming on it, but anyway's, i know some of you really smart people might know enough about the warrior to adjust the valves
thanx in the future for any help,

josh

10-16-2002, 11:11 PM
Just a thought but I think they all tap a little, but if its excessive and louder than before you may want to check it out.

If no one offers up any advice I could dig out the manual.

josh
10-17-2002, 02:59 PM
you got a manual for a Warrior, that would help alot, and ya, it's a little more noticable than any bike, actually we didn't even notice it, his friend did when we were up in the mountains, any info would help, thanks

josh

10-17-2002, 05:04 PM
Just a thought but if you didnt notice but someone else did how noticable is it?

Also when was the last time they were adjusted?

josh
10-19-2002, 12:24 PM
um, i'm not sure if they have ever been adjusted because we bought it used in like jan, but the bike is a 99 and is in very good condition, it's not overly noticable but if you listen for it you can hear it, and i can't hear it on my 91 250x or any other ex i've ever been around

i can't really explain it besides it just sounds like valves tapping, i know they due that always when running but most bikes i've been around you can't hear it at all, i dunno, just a cuation

10-19-2002, 11:05 PM
Ok just let me know which info you need and I will get it from the manual and post it back

josh
10-20-2002, 03:54 PM
i don't really think it's anything to worry about, the bike runs great and we took it to the track today an the whole thing sounds and runs great, so i don't think we have to worry about it, and you really have to listen to it to hear it

10-20-2002, 07:42 PM
adjust them and be safe

Gusto
10-23-2002, 10:26 AM
If you haven't adjusted them already, be sure to tighten the nuts on top of your adjuster correctly. They will come loose and go flopping around-causing grave damage. I have owned one and adjusted them when due. My friend did his and didn't torque to specs-lucky for him once the nut came off it didn't cause any damage. Also the Warrior will sound like the valves need adjustment with low octane gas at times.