PDA

View Full Version : 2007 trx450er help

pats2007450er
05-25-2007, 12:27 AM
i bought a 2007 trx450er last july and i am having starter problems.i was looking at my papers and they charged me 540.00 dollars for a service contract charge and i didn't know if that was a 5 year warranty or not.the electric start version sucks a**.thanks for any help.:confused:

TCracin440ex
05-25-2007, 12:46 AM
probally your one way clutch going bad...i know i had this problem with my 06 450r....i took it back to the dealer and they fixed it free of charge...best thing to do is take it to your dealer...i know the oneway clutch goin out was a common problem for the 06's but i thought they had fixed it for 07..

pats2007450er
05-25-2007, 12:57 AM
yea i'v herd everyone is having that same problem.my buddy had to get the one way bearing and another part .he ended up paying 400.00 to get it fixed.was your warranty up and they fixed it.i hope they fix mine for free.thanks man

TCracin440ex
05-25-2007, 11:42 AM
nah mine was still under warrenty....but they have fixed a few owners 450rs that the warrenty was expired

pats2007450er
05-25-2007, 12:33 PM
thanks i called today and they told me i have 5 year warranty.will they charge me any charges.

TCracin440ex
05-26-2007, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by pats2007450er
thanks i called today and they told me i have 5 year warranty.will they charge me any charges.

nope warrenty will cover it bein its not a user error..

05-26-2007, 05:55 AM
mine was out of warranty when they fixed it on my '06, but that was my dealer, some aren't as nice. this is "not a problem" with the starter, it is user error. you are not supposed to give it any throttle when starting. honda didn't tell the dealers this when they relased the 06 bikes. it was a good few months after that the info was given out. since they replaced mine, and told me not to use tht throttle, i have not had the problem and the parts are the same ones that they took out. there were not any upgraded parts to reinstall.

DRT
05-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
mine was out of warranty when they fixed it on my '06, but that was my dealer, some aren't as nice. this is "not a problem" with the starter, it is user error. you are not supposed to give it any throttle when starting.

Pats2007 as I was told by my dealer Honda will warrenty one sprag clutch a year. If you have the extra loot have a kicker installed. I never use my e-start after what I've been through.

speedyquad I can't agree on the user error thing.Thats just honda making up and excuse for a poor design. On my 06 im now on sprag clutch #3 and I never hit the throttle when starting my quad.Spag #2 failed on me starting my quad for the fourth time after it was replaced, I didn't even get to ride it and break the new motor in. IMO Honda should step up to the plate and make an upgrade.

pats2007450er
05-28-2007, 12:35 PM
they need to do something about this.look at all the other e start atv's they dont have this problem.i dont even want to travel to places and risk my 450 not wanting to start.these things are not cheap.honda is going to spend so much money replacing this problem over and over when they could just fixed the damn problem and get it over with.by the way my buddy installed the kicker and when you race you have to start your quad when they wave the flag.he will hit the e start and kick at the same time and it starts fast.

DRT
05-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by pats2007450er
they need to do something about this.look at all the other e start atv's they dont have this problem.i dont even want to travel to places and risk my 450 not wanting to start.these things are not cheap.honda is going to spend so much money replacing this problem over and over when they could just fixed the damn problem and get it over with.by the way my buddy installed the kicker and when you race you have to start your quad when they wave the flag.he will hit the e start and kick at the same time and it starts fast.

Dont hit the E-start while kicking the quad over.My quad starts in a half kick. He is just looking to have another problem. Understand even when you put a kicker on it you still can run into a problem.If the sprag cluth locks up like my #2 sprag what happens is you go to kick it and you end up kicking over the motor and starter.........your still SOL!!!

DRT
06-11-2007, 07:16 PM
New news on this subject. My local dealer told me honda now has an upgrade for the E-start.Dealers just got the news last week. The cost is around 450.00. Now I just sit back and wait for the recall notice to come in the mail. Will that ever happen .......prolly not.

klee450trx
07-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Hey i just ran into this topic....are you guys still having trouble with the trx? I had a recall noticced come in the mail for a starter reduction thing, i got it fixed but now i am still having trouble starting my bike. Matter of fact it just wont start at all!!! i have no idea i might end up sticking a m-80 in this engine!