PDA

View Full Version : TT racing suggestions

Bradracer18
05-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Hey guys, I'm getting into some TT racing. Its based around/inside of an old car race track(oval). The track was pretty tacky when I was last there.

My question, is what tires do I need? I'm looking to stay somewhat cheap to start out on.....what compounds do you want?

Also, I'm looking at getting a sway bar......any info about this, or setting it up?

Any other info is greatly appreciated!!

Brad

86atc250r
05-24-2007, 07:40 PM
You may check the messageboards at twincreeksraceway.com or ozarksatvraceway.com - quite a few TT guys monitor those boards.

patrickj75
05-24-2007, 08:30 PM
call Daryl at Rath Racing. he makes great swaybars. sometimes you can find s swaybar on ebay. set it up neutral. as for tires check ebay for american racers. they have SD23 (soft) 33 (medium) and 38 (hard) for compounds.

yfzttracer76
05-25-2007, 06:13 AM
i have a set of rear tires for sale.

Bradracer18
05-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Thanks guys!

I'm not really sure what compound to go with. I've heard softer is generally better....but also wear very fast. I don't really want to spend a ton on tires....so I think I'll go with a harder tire, as I am just starting.

As for a sway bar.....I know Rath makes a great one(but is it really worth 300 bucks?!?!) Is there any way a guy could just make one himself.....if he put some thought and time into one?

patrickj75
05-28-2007, 08:15 PM
check around for a used Rath swaybar on here or ebay. yes, they are worth the money. they're more adjustable than any other i've seen. a swaybar and tires are the 2 most important things for TT racing. i'd try SD 33's for compounds.

x.system
06-11-2007, 10:12 PM
I run on similar tracks 1/4 and 1/3 oval that they also run cars on. When the cars get a groove down you will want a hard compound tire. If they don't run cars there anymore I would go with a medium or soft compound. I wore out a set of soft compound tires in one night, around 30 to 40 laps with practices, heat and feature.

Rath is the best swaybar out there by far, I've got a durablue that I've wore out, it still works but its very sloppy with its square connector design. Rath stepped it up with the 6 sided design plus it locks on instead of pinning on. Want a wore out durablue, let me know :D