PDA

View Full Version : bleeding brake help

02400exracer
05-24-2007, 06:35 PM
I need some help bleeding my front brakes. Can someone please help me. I just got my epic/elka front end installed and the brakes is all i have left. thanks

woodsrider4ever
05-24-2007, 07:06 PM
its easy all you need to do if do one at a time

1. have one bleeder valve open and one closed ( have something under the one thats open)

2. pour brake fluid till it starts comeing out consistanly

3. close that side then jus do the same to the other side

4. fill till the line then make sure they work if they dont jus do it again till all the air is out of the lines

thats how i do mine

if that doesnt work pump bleed them

02400exracer
05-24-2007, 07:17 PM
thanks, which is the bleeder valve, the ones connected to the caliper, or where the three meet, also were do i pour the fluid, into the resevoir on the handlebars? thanks

woodsrider4ever
05-27-2007, 06:12 PM
pour the fluid into the resevoir on the handelbars just undue the two screws make sure they dont strip out though if they start to stop and try a diffrent tip.

the bleeder is on the calipar on the top it should have a rubber thing on it make sure it goes back on when the job is done it ceeps rust and crap from building up in there .

sorry for the late repost i hope ur stoping in no time

nicko-31
06-01-2007, 02:26 AM
I recently installed a set of duel brake lines and went with the gravity method,Which is to hook up small flexible tubes on each bleeder screw take off the brake reservoir top open both bleeder screws and just let gravity do the work but only after you pull in the brake lever a few times to get it started then make sure you keep the reservoir full until you don't see anymore air in the line then close the bleeder screws .Give it a try it worked well for me.