PDA

View Full Version : neighbor PISSED

czrider263
05-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Ok.... We all know that loud quads don't make neighbors happy. But in this case i don't know what to do. Im doing a science project on the effect of gear ratios and tire pressure on acceleration(i.e the time it takes to go from a stop to 300ft). I tried to get sprokets for my LTR which is stock and makes no noise what so ever but they didn't have them avalible. So i had to buy sprokets for my 05 450r which is my race bike. So i start doing my experiment and get about 2/3 they way done my tests when he storms over and starts yelling at my dad. i don't know what to do because my project isn't done. I don't know if i should say screw him and finish or try to do my project on what i have.

BTW. best time for 300ft is 4.81sec and my driveway goes uphill too.

killerofcrows48
05-24-2007, 06:14 PM
did you tell him you were doing a project?

GPracer2500
05-24-2007, 06:16 PM
I'd talk to him before you continue. I don't know what kind of man he is, but you might be surprised (I have been in the past) how far you can get by speaking to him and explaining what you're doing.

It may or may not help, but I don't see how it could hurt.

czrider263
05-24-2007, 06:30 PM
When he came over in a rage both me and my dad tried to explain the project and showed him the data and he just didn't care. We explained how we tried to use the other atv but couldn't. He just shook his head and yelled.

Kilabanshee
05-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Alex which neighbor was this? This wasn't the neighbor which lives off the same driveway was it?

czrider263
05-24-2007, 06:47 PM
Yeah it was good old john that lives next door. I know what he is saying and i don't feel good putting him through it. but its a science project and i tried my hardest to use my other bike. All i needed was about 20 min of riding.

miller821
05-24-2007, 06:50 PM
Just wait till he leaves the house to go to work or to the store.. Then do it.

Scott-300ex
05-24-2007, 07:06 PM
You want to know wut to do, next time he comes out there, roost him. LoL, man just imagine wut he would do then.

You won't get anywhere talking to him cuz he'll just blow up at you and won't pay attention to you cuz hes so pissed. So if you want him to know then write him a letter.

And he can't stand 20 minutes of riding? I bet when he was a kid he just sat in his room watching Star Wars every night.

Don't stop the project just cuz people complain, your not hurtin anyone.

Let us know the results of the project man.

m.h.s.c.#527
05-24-2007, 07:21 PM
i swear theres always the one person who cares

ShiftFMX
05-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Oh God...My neighbors hate my Rossier :devil:

And before that it was 330r with a full ESR Race pipe, you could hear that thing for MILES! We have 4 acres which now we have sub divisions on three sides, and I pretty sure they all hate me! I went to my township and explained to them my situation and they said that there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING my neighbors could do, as long I am riding at an appropriate time of day. I even went to the state police, they said the same!

So, I say:

Make sure you dont have any noise ordinances in your township, and make sure that he cant press any kind of charges, then continue your project!

Used to be ALL Fields, Now I say, "Welcome to the neighborhood!"

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/ShiftFMX/DSC02042.jpg

Flyin-Low
05-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Wow, makes me soo much happier that I live in the middle of nowhere... i have like 3 neighbors on my whole road and one has a 400ex with a pro-circuit pipe and the other has a yzf250f with white bros.. no one ever complains!

Just do your experiment, worse comes to worse the cops are called and they say "your a bad boy, please stop!" then leave.

-Martin

wvspeedfreak
05-24-2007, 08:24 PM
I am lucky to have the neighbors that I have.None of them ride but they are all cool with us riding here.We just try and show a little respect as far as not riding for long periods of time and not after dark or early Sunday mornings.My son and I have been riding here for several years without one complaint.....I hope my neighbors never move :D

gncc025
05-24-2007, 08:28 PM
yeah if u've already tried talking to him with reason then i say f it and do what u need to. dont let anybody stop u from doing something thats harmless like that in ur own yard. i mean,like some of the others have said whats the worst that could happen. he calls the cops and u tell them ur doing a school project oooooooo ur going to jail for doing ur homework.lol

but then again he could go crazy andhoot ur a**:eek: :p

ShiftFMX
05-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Next time he is out mowing his lawn and you can hear his lawn mower, go over there and scream at him and tell him you were trying to take a nap!

Thats kinda what the cop told me, it like when you can hear them mowing or weed whipping!

DF400ex
05-24-2007, 09:14 PM
It's better to ask for forgiveness than for permission. I'd just do it, unless there are laws against it in your town. Do it on a saterday like 3pm.

czrider263
05-24-2007, 09:42 PM
theres not sound ordanance. and i don't ride alot.. maybe 3 times a week. and normally on my stock LTR. When i take a race bike out its to check jetting or something. I really try to be respectful.
never ride b4 12 or after 5.

JOEX
05-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by czrider263
theres not sound ordanance. and i don't ride alot.. maybe 3 times a week. and normally on my stock LTR. When i take a race bike out its to check jetting or something. I really try to be respectful.
never ride b4 12 or after 5.
It's nice to know some people are still respectful of others:)

Maybe you can ask him if there's a time he'll be away from home so you can do your testing or let him know you'd like to do your testing during a certain time frame. It may be too late for this guy but if you catch him on a good day it may be possible.

If not you still have the lack of sound ordanance on your side for now......

Kickstarts-suck
05-25-2007, 01:14 AM
lol me and my friend were walking down the road to get to our little fishing hole with 3 fishing poles 2 tackle boxes and a 15mill spotlight and we cut threw a guys yard so we didn't have to walk all the way around and he came out and said "can i help you" friend said " no we cut threw the wrong part sorry" because there is one small part where its not on his yard and we normally go threw there. So anyway he stats yelling "get out of my yard" and i said ok we are and continued walking on and he says "get the **** out" I said "we are" He said "no get the **** out" and pointed the other direction. So i was mad and said "what the ***e difference does it make what way we get out!" Hes go on yelling and said "Ill shoot you" friend said "do it" and i said "yea you will be in jail your rest of your life" he said "wont be the 1st time in jail" I said "yea i can ***in tell" so he go one yelling and me and my friend go on walking out and yelling back and he watches us the whole time walking down the road so i yell "go back inside bit*h and he gos to his door and and say "Have a nice day" :rolleyes:

damn trailer trash bumpkins :mad:

whiteboycustom
05-25-2007, 08:43 AM
i say dont let him come into your yard and disrespect you and raise his voice, if he cant ask nicly then tell him to fck off and ride on, ive been in my neighbor hood alot longer then most and noone comes in my yard telling me what to do or demanding i stock what im doing

czrider263
05-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Im just worried that i don't have enough data to finish. And i really don't want to piss him off. We were good friends before my quads. and hes retired so hes always home. and during the week i dont get home from football till 6.

05-25-2007, 09:52 AM
you cant make everyone happy, i say go on with your business and let him grind his teeth

Scott-300ex
05-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Finish it up and if he comes over again say your legal and yell at him for being on your property.

DOHC
05-25-2007, 02:40 PM
why r u scared? if there is no sound regulation and u ride at a good time then screw him its ur property u can do what u want. People dont like my white bros pipe but as long as im on my property they cant do anything ;)

JJs450r
05-25-2007, 10:26 PM
you could do this to make things better :)

bulkdriverlp
05-25-2007, 10:36 PM
go visit the township supervisor, check on the ordinances or get a copy of them. if you are ok making the noise, next time he comes out give him a copy and walk away and continue on riding

rollie
05-26-2007, 07:24 AM
could you take your quad somewhere else to do it? like a pit or something, or do you need your driveway? if not, do like 1 run every hour. he cant get mad for 2 minutes of noise

yellow400ex05
05-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
lol me and my friend were walking down the road to get to our little fishing hole with 3 fishing poles 2 tackle boxes and a 15mill spotlight and we cut threw a guys yard so we didn't have to walk all the way around and he came out and said "can i help you" friend said " no we cut threw the wrong part sorry" because there is one small part where its not on his yard and we normally go threw there. So anyway he stats yelling "get out of my yard" and i said ok we are and continued walking on and he says "get the **** out" I said "we are" He said "no get the **** out" and pointed the other direction. So i was mad and said "what the ***e difference does it make what way we get out!" Hes go on yelling and said "Ill shoot you" friend said "do it" and i said "yea you will be in jail your rest of your life" he said "wont be the 1st time in jail" I said "yea i can ***in tell" so he go one yelling and me and my friend go on walking out and yelling back and he watches us the whole time walking down the road so i yell "go back inside bit*h and he gos to his door and and say "Have a nice day" :rolleyes:

damn trailer trash bumpkins :mad:

thats not very funny if the guy says he'll shoot you, i know this has happened before where the guy says he'll shoot someone and they talk back and next thing you know someone ends up dead over being on someone else's yard.

wasn't there a news article a few months back about a guy who kept his yard really nice like a freak and this kid was walking back to his house to get something for a sleep over or something and he walked on the guys yard and the guy shot him and killed him.

05-26-2007, 09:54 AM
there are some crazy people in the world.....some people will actually kill you if you do something as small was walk through their yard.... Has anyone else noticed that 4 way stops have been getting more and more serious latly?? lol

whiteboycustom
05-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by yellow400ex05
thats not very funny if the guy says he'll shoot you, i know this has happened before where the guy says he'll shoot someone and they talk back and next thing you know someone ends up dead over being on someone else's yard.

wasn't there a news article a few months back about a guy who kept his yard really nice like a freak and this kid was walking back to his house to get something for a sleep over or something and he walked on the guys yard and the guy shot him and killed him.

yea there was but i think the last article was about how that guy is going to be in jail a long time, thats not protecting yourself or your property thats murder