PDA

View Full Version : quick, sticky stuff removal?

450raider
05-24-2007, 05:46 PM
ok ive had these stickon hood scoops on the f150 for awhile then hey got all weather beaten and am now taking them off and trying to get that "3m stuff" off the hood and so far ive tried soap and water, wd40, and brake cleaner but nothings really working and in sopme spots theres a nosty white haze lingering around so i need to know what might get the putty stuff off and after i get it off then what can i do about that scratchy/ haze look?

any help will be greatly appreciated.

300excrazy98
05-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Gasolina...

csimp3
05-24-2007, 06:03 PM
buy new hood scoops and stick em in the same spot, lol. buy some goo gone or other adhesive remover, or try to pick up some Mr. clean magic erasers, they are little foam pads with some cleaner already in them, they clean everything

Scott-300ex
05-24-2007, 06:13 PM
For liquid get AFTA, that stuff will get rid of anything, it'll take skin off your bones man.

But I say go to a local body shop and they have this thing, its like an eraser that goes on a drill and then use that on your body, it don't hurt the paint, takes off the stuff and makes it shine, thats your best bet for working good, and keeping the paint in good condition.

csimp3
05-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
For liquid get AFTA, that stuff will get rid of anything, it'll take skin off your bones man.

But I say go to a local body shop and they have this thing, its like an eraser that goes on a drill and then use that on your body, it don't hurt the paint, takes off the stuff and makes it shine, thats your best bet for working good, and keeping the paint in good condition.

yeah an eraser wheel, thats a good idea, that should take it off no problem

TRX_450
05-24-2007, 06:28 PM
i wouldnt try this on paint but for anything else i use lighter fluid

crazedape
05-24-2007, 08:11 PM
De-solv-it works like a charm. It is so gentle you can use it to get gum out of kids hair.

450raider
05-24-2007, 08:15 PM
ok thanks everyone but i got it off with fingernail polish remover and as for that haze ill go out tomorrow and try to find one of those eraser things. so thanks again for the comments everybody :D

Scott-300ex
05-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by crazedape
De-solv-it works like a charm. It is so gentle you can use it to get gum out of kids hair.

I use the zippo, sometimes it burns them, makes them not do it again, then I do it in a small room and make them smell burnt hair, YUM YUM.