PDA

View Full Version : Where to ride for central cali?

07HondaTRX450R
05-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Ive been to hollister and carnegie.

Wherelse should I hit up for good track racing?

banshee84
05-24-2007, 11:05 PM
me and atleast 5 other quads are going to clubmoto in livermore on june 10th. They only allow atvs sunday from 3pm to 5pm and maybe a little later. They close at 5pm but sometimes stay open later. it is $25 to get in

http://www.clubmoto.com/cm/layout.shtml

07HondaTRX450R
05-24-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by banshee84
me and atleast 5 other quads are going to clubmoto in livermore on june 10th. They only allow atvs sunday from 3pm to 5pm and maybe a little later. They close at 5pm but sometimes stay open later. it is $25 to get in

http://www.clubmoto.com/cm/layout.shtml
Track looks way better than hollister lol

June 10th huh? Ill be there!!!! Any quad regulations or can I take my 100% stock quad out there?

07HondaTRX450R
05-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Exhaust Systems
Loud bikes will be pulled from the track. Any bike with a louder than stock exhaust system will not be allowed to ride. Bring your stock Muffler.
No spark arrestors are required at Club Moto.. Spark arrestors are only required at state and county parks. However, if you do have a quiet muffler intended for use at state parks, we'd appreciate you using at at Club Moto to help keep the noise levels down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quads
Sorry, Quads are not allowed at Club Moto at this time.

Says quads arent allowed ^^^

banshee84
05-24-2007, 11:19 PM
i have never been there, you just can;t have a super loud bike cause there are houses nearby. Also are 2 guys on here that are going one races the pro class and he has been there before. it is mainly a dirtbike track but he says the guys on dirtbikes are cool. I still want to go with a big group of quads. There are probaly 5 quads going in my group and maybe 7, then the guy on here bubba is coming with some other quad guys. He seems really cool and has answered a lot of questions for me about that track.

P.S hell yeah it looks a lot better than Hollister and they groom it EVERY DAY, but the dirtbikes guys might have it torn up by the time we get there. I am still willing to go and try it atleast once,$25 for 2 hours :eek2:

banshee84
05-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by 07HondaTRX450R
Exhaust Systems
Loud bikes will be pulled from the track. Any bike with a louder than stock exhaust system will not be allowed to ride. Bring your stock Muffler.
No spark arrestors are required at Club Moto.. Spark arrestors are only required at state and county parks. However, if you do have a quiet muffler intended for use at state parks, we'd appreciate you using at at Club Moto to help keep the noise levels down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quads
Sorry, Quads are not allowed at Club Moto at this time.

Says quads arent allowed ^^^

i have emailed club moto and they allow quads on sundays only 3pm to 5pm. They say pretty much no quads show up and I told them that is cause there website says no quads, but they haven't changed it. Also it says you can use exhaust that is allowed at state parks so 98b? or 96db? which ever mine is good

07HondaTRX450R
05-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by banshee84
i have emailed club moto and they allow quads on sundays only 3pm to 5pm. They say pretty much no quads show up and I told them that is cause there website says no quads, but they haven't changed it. Also it says you can use exhaust that is allowed at state parks so 98b? or 96db? which ever mine is good
Ok well aslong as nothing comes up Ill be there for sure thats not far for me at all.
Looks like some pretty big jumps

banshee84
05-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by 07HondaTRX450R
Ok well aslong as nothing comes up Ill be there for sure thats not far for me at all.
Looks like some pretty big jumps

yeah it looks cool, I can;t wait to go. Is your bike pretty loud? have you ever been pulled over at Hollister? Mine is legit but I don;t have a 450 and I have heard some loud *** 450s

tedwilley
05-25-2007, 05:35 AM
07HondaTRX450R,

I assume you've tried La Grange? It has a decent mx track. It is shared with the bikes, but it is rarely busy. The rest of the park is small and mediocre.
Prairie City East of Rancho Cordova is much bigger, similar terrain. It also has a pretty good mx track (although it needing grooming last time I went, 4 weeks back), and it is quads only NO bikes.

A pretty good site for general info and groups to ride with is:
ClubATVWest,com/
Loosely organized, no dues, basically a message post, they do organize weekend rides, very nice people.

07HondaTRX450R
05-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by tedwilley
07HondaTRX450R,

I assume you've tried La Grange? It has a decent mx track. It is shared with the bikes, but it is rarely busy. The rest of the park is small and mediocre.
Prairie City East of Rancho Cordova is much bigger, similar terrain. It also has a pretty good mx track (although it needing grooming last time I went, 4 weeks back), and it is quads only NO bikes.

A pretty good site for general info and groups to ride with is:
ClubATVWest,com/
Loosely organized, no dues, basically a message post, they do organize weekend rides, very nice people.
directions to the la grange track?

Im not too far away at all

And Banshee my quads 100% stock, except for the pro armor nerf bars im TRYING to get on.

broncogurl
05-25-2007, 02:27 PM
La Grange is located on Hwy J-59, 2-1/2 mi. south of La Grange, CA.

Anyone have pictures of the track at La Grange or the one at Prairie City SVRA? I've looked all over the net and can't find any.

tedwilley
05-25-2007, 07:33 PM
From Hughson, go Geer Road to Yosemite, turn right towards Waterford/ Continue through Waterford for about 18 miles. J59 crosses about 1/4 mile before La Grange (wide spot in the road).
Turn right on J59 (South). Go about two miles, you will see some of the riding areas on the left, slow down, entrance is about 1/4 mile on the left. There is an 'iron ranger' for fees. It was taped shut last weekend, so no $5 fee.
Follow the paved road down the hill past the kids' mx track and the restrooms. You can park just about anywhere, but try to find a shady spot. The track is straight ahead on the left.

The Prairie City track is sort of hidden over the edge of the big parking lot, you could miss it if you don't slow down and look!
Hwy 99 to Grant Line Road. All the way past Sunrise Blvd.. Go another few miles, park entrance on the right. Follow the paved park road all the way, it curves to the left eventually and then the pavement runs out at the big parking lot, go left into the parking/pick areas. In the center of the parking lot on the East(?, toward the mountains) there is a small open gate with a sign 'NO MC, ATV ONLY', go through the gate, track runs counter clockwise.

Louie
06-10-2007, 10:23 PM
I'll get some pics of Le Grange for you. It's small but has a pretty challenging mx track. It's a lot harder to run than Hollisters track. It has two tabletops, whoop section,step up jump, step down jump, and some singles. So whats been going on in hollister? Aint been there in about a month or so.

broncogurl
06-11-2007, 01:16 AM
Thanks Louie. That would be cool! :D I wouldn't mind driving there just for the track if it's worth it.

We were just out at Hollister Hills today. It's very dry and dusty, and they've knocked down/destroyed the berm that's before the jumps on the atv track. The rest of the track is pretty f*cked up too. They really need to fix that track up nice. :grr: