PDA

View Full Version : Typhoon 125cc oil pump gear

CEOR
05-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks for that info azextreme,
So if I'm understanding right, you have available.......a 125cc Lifan with manual clutch? What is the transmission gear ratios, and bhp??
The reason I ask, is I've found some UK guys that are offering complete motor packages at around 20-25hp.......?
Seems those boys have figured out either some trick mods, or are offering an entirely different animal.
By some of the pics I've seen, They also have twin cam 4-valve, water cooled power plants. Sure does look like what we're dumping our money into. Not sure though? Their calling them "Monkey Bike" motors.

Problem is.......the U.S. currency exchange rate is'nt the same across the board, which means around: lots of bones I don't want to spend quite yet.

azextreme
05-24-2007, 05:00 PM
I have two stock engines 125cc out of the baja storm, The 120cc lifan make more power than the 125cc! bhp is @8hp but to the wheels is another story, 20-25hp?? on one of these engine in this cc range good luck! 400ex is @25-28rwhp. Also take into consideration this pit bike dyno's are gonna be around 2hp to the wheels higher then that of a mini quad due to the way less rotating mass of the pit bike. As I have said befor the typhoon is advertised @8.6hp and dyno'ed @5.8rwhp.

FUTheman
05-25-2007, 06:27 AM
Can you tell us a source for the Lifan engines?