PDA

View Full Version : YFZ Tranny problem

kmj54
05-23-2007, 09:26 AM
The prob im having is that when you shift into 5th gear it keeps jumping in and out real fast. feels like the chain is skipping but its not. had it at a dealer and replaced these items shift forks,bearings,shift drum,gears. nothing seems to work. has anyone had this prob with theres. any info will help.

KB Motorsports
05-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Need to take it to a different dealer.. They either charged you for new parts and tried to fix your old parts.. OR they replaced the new parts and didn't do a good job installing them.

I never heard of a tranny problem concerning the YFZ

Bill Fuller
05-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Are you sure your not hitting the rev limiter?? My '04 is still running:muscle:

kmj54
05-23-2007, 09:34 PM
def not hitting the rev limiter. it does it as soon as you hit 5th gear. they gave me all the old parts they took out.

d kelley
05-25-2007, 11:03 AM
there may be a broken "lock washer" that the dealer may have missed. Its difficult to spot at times during rebuilds, very easy to miss if your not looking for it to be broken. It has 2 pieces that fit together in a timed pattern on the drive axle inside the trans. It seems to act as a spacer and when the fingers (there are three of them) break, it allows the 3rd pinion gear to moved away from the 3rd drive gear. this may be also allowing the 5th drive gear to move as 5th and 3rd are next to each other on the both drive and pinion shafts. We have always had the 3rd gear move on are bikes but I guess its possible that 5th gear could move also

kmj54
05-25-2007, 10:39 PM
thanks for the info.