PDA

View Full Version : I need another pair of boots

flauge
05-23-2007, 07:19 AM
I have a pair of oneal element's right now and i hate them. The toe part is so bulky that it wont hardly go between the footpeg and shifter. Any suggestions on a good pair with a slimmer toe for around $100, maybe a lil more?

flauge
05-24-2007, 07:14 AM
I was thinking of these \/
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260119631400&indexURL=0#ebayphotohosting
Compared to my old ones \/
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/viewLargerImage.do?prodImage=o/one_06_boo_ele_blu.jpg
They look a little bit slimmer dont they??

Eviltanker
05-24-2007, 07:33 AM
I got Fox trackers and they are nice, Payed $110 for them. Give the Fly boots a shot they look decent enough.

Rootar
05-24-2007, 07:37 AM
try moving you shifter up one notch thatll help a ton. most boots are bulky, i finally ordered new set of boots, this time im trying out the SiDi chargers on recomendation from a friend, said they were the lightest most comfortable and longest lasting boots he had ever owned.

ATV Chic
05-24-2007, 07:38 AM
JMO, but I wouldn't spend money on boots that weren't alipnestars. All othe boots i've seen are cheaply put together and the sole's don't last. You can get Alpinestar's Tech 3 boots from Rockymountain for 159.95. Spend the dough. It's worth it.

LINK (http://www.rockymountainatv.com/search.do?navType=&page=2&webTypeId=&navTitle=&webCatId=&keyword=boots)

Eviltanker
05-24-2007, 07:42 AM
How long have you had your Alpinstars? I've had my Fox boots almost 2 years and they are holding up great. And yes I ride harder than alot of people and I ride usually 2-3 times a week.

JJs450r
05-24-2007, 07:43 AM
i recently bought the tech 3s they were only 160, but my other boots were the thor quadrants<sp> and they lasted me over a year and i still have em now for my practice boots

400exrider707
05-24-2007, 07:49 AM
The footpegs you are running will also play a huge role in how long the soles last!

ATV Chic
05-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Hey Evil, I've only had my Stella tech 6's a few months and ABSOLUTELY luv them. My bf has had the same pair of alpinestar tech 6 boots for around 2 1/2 years now and he swears by them. We both ride pretty hard. We're not racing or anything, but we like to tear it up lol. I'm not saying they are the very best out there, but just from our experience i think they are very comfortable and worth it. I tried on the fox ladies boots, but they just didn't compare in the way they were made and in comfort to the alpinestar women's boot. But, I do like the Fox gear. My bf's Chest protector is Fox and we have clothes and other gear too that is Fox. It's just all about what you like i suppose, and most importantly what's comfortable! :p

Eviltanker
05-24-2007, 08:05 AM
Cool.... Sorry if it seems like I'm arguing, I'm just juked up on Monster. I think most of the gear out there has its strong points and weak points, it all comes down to the style you want and how much you want to pay.

flauge
05-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Hmm... Going up a notch on the shifter... I should've thought of that..:o I might try that first and see how that does...
Keep the boot suggestions coming too!:cool:

underpowered
05-24-2007, 08:44 AM
A-stars! i got tech 6's and love em. more comfortable than most, and have had em for a year and a half with no problems.

but for a cheap boot, my bro had quadrants. they are OK, but a B**** to break in. my A-starts only took a ride or two, his took forever, and are still not as broke in as my stars are.

ATV Chic
05-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Eviltanker
Cool.... Sorry if it seems like I'm arguing, I'm just juked up on Monster. I think most of the gear out there has its strong points and weak points, it all comes down to the style you want and how much you want to pay.

EXACTLY :D

TWISTED
05-24-2007, 10:12 AM
SIDI Flex Force or SIDI Crossfire. SIDI are awesome!!!

LeGaCyGiAnT124
05-24-2007, 05:50 PM
i have has the old thor t-30s since 2004. I have raced and rode on them and they are still holding up