PDA

View Full Version : places to ride in nortwest or central indiana?

crazyriles
10-16-2002, 06:45 PM
any places to ride atvs in northwest or central indiana, thanks riles

Hondasaurous
11-01-2002, 10:29 PM
Hey Riles,

I've heard of riding near the Gary landfill and Michigan city prison. (Sound like safe places to ride - eh?) I don't know, I've never been to them.

Chicago Heights has a trail system right off Saulk trail rd & halsted (or state street?). I hear riders find a nearby empty parking lot at one of the businesses and unload their trailer. You can actually see part of the trail that runs just 5 ft away, in parallel with Sauk trail road. Several ATV riders go here because I've seen them on my way home from work.

And last I'm sure you've heard of the Badlands off road park in Attica, IN.

crazyriles
11-02-2002, 08:54 PM
hey hodasaurous, thanks for the info, i will look for the chgo hts one, i am going to badlands tomarrow, hope not to busy

Hondasaurous
11-06-2002, 06:52 PM
Riles,

Yeah, the Badlands is a blast. I hope to make a trip there this weekend. ( Once more before the snow hits. )

Also, if you need further help finding the Chicago Heights trails, let me know. A guy I know told me that those trails run far back to the South from Sauk Trail road. I don't know who owns the propety but I think it is far from any homes for people to complain about the noise.

11-08-2002, 06:29 AM
ya ill be headen up to attica this weekend too .haspin acres is a good place too