PDA

View Full Version : 350x

Liam
05-22-2007, 07:11 PM
im about to buy a mint condition stock atc 350x. i used to have one but that was a few years back. how will this trike compare to a 400ex? top speed and acceleration?

TravEX
05-26-2007, 11:12 AM
The 400EX is just a little faster and stronger in acceleration. The X will feel alot quicker because of the gearing. Changing the gearing on the X sure could make it faster than the EX. In drag races, it's just hard to keep the front end down enough to still pull good speed. When I had my X, I raced my 400EX with another rider on it. I would carry the front tire on the X through 4th gear and could never beat my EX. Helluva good time though!!!

The X is a great machine, my only complaint about mine was if I stalled it with the motor hot (real warm), it was a beast to get going again, but that's a very common complaint.

Where are you finding a 'mint' X?

Travis

Liam
05-29-2007, 07:36 AM
i bought it! it is the '85 350x, the one with the red plastics. i wish i knew how to put pics up, this thing is cherry. no rust, no cracks in plastics, no fading, no dents in tank, no tears in seat, this is prob 1 of the few untouched near perfect atc's left in the country.
i bought it from the original owner who said he only put about 30 hours on it! yes it feels pretty fast but hard to keep the front tire down. and with the stock tires on the back, they r the real skinny ones from the factory, the trike feels a little tipsy!

tomorrow i'm going to pull out the ex and see how they compare.
if anyone want to trade my ex for a 250r i'm located in south florida

TravEX
05-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Pics would be nice.

Check out www.3wheelerworldforums.com , I'm on there most of the time, same screen name. Some NICE rides there!

Travis