PDA

View Full Version : Computer Problem/Question

J_bob_28
05-22-2007, 03:44 PM
ive got a problem that when i try to watch videos on youtube and other sites where the video is in the webpage..like on myquadvideos.com i get no sound..i make sure my volume is up and isnt muted. i dont kno whats going on..it works fine when i watch a video in windows media player or when i listen to music but not on these videos on web pages..its pissing me off..anyone got any ideas??????????????/

<DRS>GPF
05-22-2007, 04:36 PM
my first guess would be video codec's..

try updating media player and/or download the most popular ones.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/codecs/video.aspx

J_bob_28
05-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
my first guess would be video codec's..

try updating media player and/or download the most popular ones.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/codecs/video.aspx

i tried a bunch of that...but no luck..its seems everything with windows media player works fine...jus videos on websites like youtube and myquadvideos dont have any sound..its frustrating...anything else/???

J_bob_28
05-22-2007, 08:51 PM
ok now the problem has gotten worse...i am getting no sound from any type of video or audio things i play...ive made sure the speakers are hooked up correctly numerous times now..turned them on and off..and i know for a fact they arent blown...idk what the hell is going on but it is getting old

400exrider707
05-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Ok sorry if you feel Im hijacking... I have a similar problem that I forgot about until you said something. My comp will play sound for everything any player, videos online, off the tv tuner, cd's that I put into the drive, BUT it will not play sound for a single DVD that I put in the same drive. Im completely lost!

J_bob_28
05-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by J_bob_28
ok now the problem has gotten worse...i am getting no sound from any type of video or audio things i play...ive made sure the speakers are hooked up correctly numerous times now..turned them on and off..and i know for a fact they arent blown...idk what the hell is going on but it is getting old

<DRS>GPF
05-24-2007, 04:19 PM
i can imagine that its going to be audio "driver" issue, perhaps a Direct X compatability issue..
there's other things to try, but it gets a bit more complex..

1st thing is to go to:
[control panel] [system] [hardware] [device manager] and look for the [sound, video and game controllers].

is there any error marks? if so, the quick thing to try is deleting the "problems" then reboot, letting windows try and fix the issue..

what is the model of the sound controller.. (examples: Creative, Soundmax, Turtle Beach, etc.)

if you cant find out the sound controller mfr. , who made the motherboard or perhaps the PC ?
check the mfr's site for an FAQ or type in sound driver in a search window on their homepage.. thatll be a start...

if it were me, id unload the current audio drivers.
reboot the PC, then cancel the {found new hardware} installer that starts when windows comes up.
then manually load the latest drivers from the audio controller manufacturer.