PDA

View Full Version : Mid 50's HP

BigVince
05-22-2007, 02:41 PM
How would you guys suggest getting my bike up to the mid 50's HP range with high 30's TQ?

Oh yeah... In an 07 TRX450ER.

Chino886
05-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Pipe
Piston
Port work
Cam
Intake

You can choose any combination you like, but that is what it will take on the 07.

You can do it stock bore!

Oh, or you could find a generous dyno and a pipe.:devil:

Big Red Menace
05-22-2007, 06:37 PM
High 30's in tq pretty tough stock bore. Much easier to acheive both and have a much more enjoyable power curve with a big bore. Basically every thing Chino said though. It's all about the combonation, not one thing will get you there.

Kilabanshee
05-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Mid 55 hp isn't the easyest numbers to achieve stock bore. It can be dont but you have to run a slightly agressive camshaft. I know czrider263, chad502ex, and myself all have similar builds but with different cam profiles and alittle of our own personal tweaking. I have thousands of dollars invested into my motor to achieve 53hp and 33lbs of torque. Dyno tuned to the correct airfuel ratio. Those are nice numbers on a day that was 90 degreese and lousy dyno conditions.

My motor set up

Baldwin 14.1 piston
HRC cam
DRG porting/valve job/underdome milling/ the works
DRG taper bored fcr
DRG custom programed dynatek ignition curves
Rossier short can exhaust
UM airbox with larger 250r airfilter sort of has a tapered intake.

pro-rider46
05-22-2007, 07:32 PM
like kila banshee said it is hard to get there, and when you do have lot and lots of money involed, that whats keeping me preety stock. if you dont care about money got to www.nmotionatv.com to take a peak at there 600cc big bore. i think those prices disclude a new crank also. so you would be looking at 2500.00 dollars jsut for the big bore plust a new cam, port polish, exhaust, intake ( like a new bored fcr carb) and if you really want to go all out look into efi, turbo and some nos.

you can probably tell i like to dream:D

IMSROLL450R
05-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Instead of all those parts I would think that the easiest way to get that kind of power would most likely and cheaply be big bore. It really isnt that expensive for the raw horse and torque gains you get and its hard to get much torque gain from stock bore. Nmotion has some pretty kick *** big bore kits that really arent too expensive compared to all the other stock bore combos for even somewhere close to that amount of power.

400exrider707
05-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Hotrods 3mil stroker crank that drops in, and add that with a big bore/exhaust and a good cam and your in business.

IMSROLL450R
05-22-2007, 07:51 PM
I forgot about the stroker... that sounds like definitely the simplest combo right there.

pro-rider46
05-22-2007, 09:07 PM
amen

mike nash
05-22-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Kilabanshee
Mid 55 hp isn't the easyest numbers to achieve stock bore. It can be dont but you have to run a slightly agressive camshaft. I know czrider263, chad502ex, and myself all have similar builds but with different cam profiles and alittle of our own personal tweaking. I have thousands of dollars invested into my motor to achieve 53hp and 33lbs of torque. Dyno tuned to the correct airfuel ratio. Those are nice numbers on a day that was 90 degreese and lousy dyno conditions.

My motor set up

Baldwin 14.1 piston
HRC cam
DRG porting/valve job/underdome milling/ the works
DRG taper bored fcr
DRG custom programed dynatek ignition curves
Rossier short can exhaust
UM airbox with larger 250r airfilter sort of has a tapered intake.

He already has an FCR everyone buys a pipe cam isn't that much.I had a JE 13:1 3 ring shelf piston 165.00 DRG porting and had to buy an FCR and got 53 HP. So technically if you had the porting piston and cam you would be close.Sounds like under a thousand if you can assemble.And the HRC is conservative compared to some of the other cams out.

BigVince
05-23-2007, 01:02 AM
well this is what i'm thinking about doing. Since i already have the HRC kit.. i'm going to stick with the HRC Cam. I know porting the head is a must and that is something that's going to get attention first. I'm going to have my stock cylinder bored out to the 98mm specs and add the Hot Rods +3 stroker crank when it becomes available. I have already purchased an ESR intake and will preform the mod to make it flow better. Next, i'm going to have my carb bored out to 42mm. I'll top the whole thing off with a rossier and call it a day. After i get the thing dyno tuned... i hope to hit my target numbers. If that doesn't work out... then i'll be looking to add the NOS and accept whatever hp and tq numbers the motor puts out.

sandmanblue
05-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by BigVince
well this is what i'm thinking about doing. Since i already have the HRC kit.. i'm going to stick with the HRC Cam. I know porting the head is a must and that is something that's going to get attention first. I'm going to have my stock cylinder bored out to the 98mm specs and add the Hot Rods +3 stroker crank when it becomes available. I have already purchased an ESR intake and will preform the mod to make it flow better. Next, i'm going to have my carb bored out to 42mm. I'll top the whole thing off with a rossier and call it a day. After i get the thing dyno tuned... i hope to hit my target numbers. If that doesn't work out... then i'll be looking to add the NOS and accept whatever hp and tq numbers the motor puts out.

With that cam, it will be the motor you were looking to make there Vince. Lots of torque and decent over 55 hp. If it all goes together like you have listed, and with good porting, you will likely see 58/38 - just a guess.....