PDA

View Full Version : Bearing Holder

u_want_some
05-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Ok I have a 86 250R and have noticed on Ebay and other sites that RPM makes a Advance timing unit for the Counterbalancer bearing holder. What purpose does the stock bearing holder have besides it holds the bearing? Is there any reason to run a advanced timing unit? My main reason for asking is beacuse I have a bearing holder but it has a small indention in the side edges...Will it still serve it's purpose? Thanks for any replies

u_want_some
05-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Ok now, I know someone's gotta know something about the counterbalancer bearing holder. Give me some idea, please

Dill
05-22-2007, 06:09 PM
the stock bearing holder also holds the timing pickup. You can run the advanced timing unit to gain bottom to mid range power by advancing the timing. By doing so, and depending on your mods, you may have to change from pump to race fuel etc, but its nice to be able to change your timing around to see what works best for your bike.

u_want_some
05-22-2007, 06:13 PM
So in otherwards, if there is a indention from dropping it on the driveway, it's not going to mess it up? When it hit the gravel it made gravel marks in the bearing area, but not on the bearing. Is it still useable?

Dill
05-22-2007, 07:56 PM
hard to say without seeing a picture. Basically if the bearing doesn't slip and will support the countershaft, and doesn't leak oil into the flywheel area, it will work.

a picture will say 1000 words though.