PDA

View Full Version : Pics of both my hybrids

Rootar
05-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Both are running great, gotta get the prp bike on the right to sit a little lower (shocks need to be set up for my weight, right now they are for about two of me). right now i still like the 400ex framed crf better, sits alot lower and ive got it dailed in for me and how i ride, the prp is a little more of a handful, it likes to jump a little nose high, and i have to get it sitting lower (i slide around corners more instead of squaring off like this one wants to) but one thing about it this thing is a rocket off the line the rear end setup just flat hooks up almost too much in the corners but off the line its perfect.

Rootar
05-22-2007, 09:26 AM
rear view, you can really see the difference between them right here.

funny thing is i can ride the prp just as fast as the other with it up high like that so i cant wait to get it lower and setup for my weight...:D gonna be fun, the plan is to only race the prp, practice and ride for exercise and play on the other since it has a bone stock motor. and the prp has a pretty built motor.

2 fast for you
05-22-2007, 01:11 PM
you have 2 nice bikes

hontrx265r
05-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Your bikes look sick , axis shocks tend to ride a bit higher, but are really good shocks I love mine. Once you get them set up for your weight it will sag much more. I'm not sure how much you weigh, but those red springs are a heavier spring, I don't know what you have on the rear, you'll figure it out good luck!!

TWISTED DINLI
05-22-2007, 06:29 PM
niiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccce.

koh0001
05-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Sweet bikes !!

Rootar
05-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by hontrx265r
Your bikes look sick , axis shocks tend to ride a bit higher, but are really good shocks I love mine. Once you get them set up for your weight it will sag much more. I'm not sure how much you weigh, but those red springs are a heavier spring, I don't know what you have on the rear, you'll figure it out good luck!!

haha im 5'11 and 160 with boots and gear, its setup for a 275 pound rider lol and yes i know the red fronts are a heavy spring, its impossible for me to bottom this thing out, i really like how peps are setup with the little zps springs that you can compressed in your hand and then your main and secondary spring, im think going to a little zps top spring, giving the secondary a little more travel than it has and keeping the heavy main spring to take the last big hit should work out pretty well, and for the rear, just the same as the fronts its good on the bottom and hard hits but you feel every little but so if i can get a softer first half of travel and it sitting lower it should work great for me.

thanks for the complements everyone, they arent as nice as other guys such as jrshawn or figair but they get the job done all the same.

korniev
05-23-2007, 02:14 AM
Love the black one!!!!!

protraxrptr17
05-23-2007, 05:28 AM
I really like the upper a-arms on the PRP. Where did you get 'em?:D You got a close up?

jrspawn
05-23-2007, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Rootar
haha im 5'11 and 160 with boots and gear, its setup for a 275 pound rider lol and yes i know the red fronts are a heavy spring, its impossible for me to bottom this thing out, i really like how peps are setup with the little zps springs that you can compressed in your hand and then your main and secondary spring, im think going to a little zps top spring, giving the secondary a little more travel than it has and keeping the heavy main spring to take the last big hit should work out pretty well, and for the rear, just the same as the fronts its good on the bottom and hard hits but you feel every little but so if i can get a softer first half of travel and it sitting lower it should work great for me.

thanks for the complements everyone, they arent as nice as other guys such as jrshawn or figair but they get the job done all the same.

Hey whats up. Ill just say the first thing you should really do is get the shocks off and sent back to Penske/Axis for them to set tem up properly for you. I will ONLY reccomend them to do Axis shocks. Alot of other companies can build/service shocks, but from expierence, Penske is the Best out there hands down and cant ask for better people to really deal with.

Having a shock Sprung over 100lbs. than it needs to be is asking for trouble:devil: Getting them sprung and set for your setup will help 100%. Make sure you get the rebound set up properly for your riding style also. Alot of people leave the settings alone and never get the best performance out of the shock. Test and tune is what its all about.

What type linkage does this quad have on the rear end? I know i had talked to the guy at PRP a year or so ago about the hybrid chassis he built and he had told me that some of them the geometry and rear end setups didnt work that well.

To help some with the nose high jumping id recommend going with a lower rise bar, the ones on the prp look pretty high for some reason. Im about the same height as you and always thought i like higher bars, about a year ago i started using lower bars and stems than i used to and that helped Alot with my riding style in general. Also most of my hybrids i ride them the two strokes when jumping, using throttle control to set me up when jumping. I know most people say thats a no no on 4 strokes and to keep a steady throttle when jumping, but on these hybrid chassis it seems to work well for me.

All in all though, get your shocks sent to penske/axis. After getting them built right for you and getting the sag and setup right, your gonna be kicking yourself in the butt for not doing it sooner.

Thank you
Justin

Rootar
05-23-2007, 09:52 AM
jrspawn - i would love to send them to penske but it took them three tries to get them right orginally i dont have that kinda money or time, zeb and me will be doing to shocks (thats protraxrptr17, posted right above you) he built those beautiful top a-arms you see pictured after i folded the prp arms), its a crf450 rear linkage and from what i can tell from racing it twice and riding it as much as i have its works really damn good, i got out the tape and compared it to a cr500 link setup on a leager crf (yes an orginal leager crf, narrow frame and all) and they are almost the exact same less than an 1/8 inch difference. speaking of which i need to call axis and talk to them about springs and spring rates.

btw here is a picture of that beautiful leager crf i was drooling over all weekend at tulsa, the sob pitted right next to us, very cool set of guys from kansas might i add, hope to get to ride with them some more.

800screws
05-23-2007, 10:15 AM
travis's quad.... was his brother's jrd there?

oj250r
05-23-2007, 10:59 AM
ill have to say,,,there pretty sweet....it just make me wish i had mine running again:(

Rootar
05-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by 800screws
travis's quad.... was his brother's jrd there?

yep both were there and they said they had another jrd setup with a 250f motor for the younger kid there, but they didnt have it with them, i dont think it was completely finished or sumthin. really nice guys, hope they make it out to the national at stillwater next weekend, i will most definetly be there and there is only one class for hybrids so thatll be pretty fun.

Rootar
05-23-2007, 08:39 PM
i thought i had gotten a pick of it too, just found it, i really like the graphics on the 250r style plastic, never really liked them on a trx or ex but they fit nicely on the 250r style.

gtilley45
05-27-2007, 04:50 PM
Did you buy that PRP/CRF from Jay Holman? I talked to Jay a lot when I was trying to get my CRF straightened out. He seems like a real cool guy, he helped me out a LOT.

Rootar
05-27-2007, 08:37 PM
yes i did, jay has hung it up and decided to give it up and get out, he has moved on to less stressful things such as fishing, camping, and drinking every weekend:p cant beat that. i hated to see him quit but i didnt want someone who wouldnt apperciate his bike to buy it, trash it and him never see it again.

gtilley45
05-28-2007, 08:12 AM
Yeah, I had got to know Jay pretty good right before he decided to hang it up. He was a hell of a cool guy and really helped me a lot when I was trying to get all the bugs worked out of my CRF. I almost bought that LSR/CRF with a Pro Traxx front end that he sold and after I got the one I had, I started wishing I'd bought his. I had been thinking about loading up and coming out there to ride with him and some of his buddies, but then I heard he was selling all his bikes and getting out of racing and I haven't heard from him since. Do you know if he ever finished that Laeger that was one of Kory Ellis's old bikes?

Crazy lil punk
05-28-2007, 12:38 PM
first off, you have two sweet bikes, second, did you build the 400 hybrid your self?

Rootar
05-28-2007, 10:03 PM
he had the frame converted and was just about to build a motor for it and then he traded it all (in boxes) for a decked out yfz to sell. (jared heintschell got the leager now and he is trying to finish it, jay was so close all he needed was to have it all pc'd and then build a motor. your more than welcome to still come out and ride if your traveling through or somthing there are ALOT of good riders around the texas and oklahoma and lousiana area where we ride, jay might come out for a big get together in july sometime, cook a bunch of food, ill bring out my fmx ramp to the track in west monroe, LA if bruce will ever get a landing built for me. and have some races and such

yea i built the 400ex crf, for the third time since november as of two weeks ago, its holding up really well this time, no cracks or breaks or any problems for that matter, and ive been riding it every single day.:ermm: maybe i did something right this time lol considering that was the first motor i ever built by my self

DOHC
05-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Do u have 450r rear fenders on that red hybrid? is that still the 400ex seat and how does it line up?

Rootar
05-29-2007, 03:33 PM
seat doesnt line up perfect, there is about a half inch gap the whole way im sure you could mount them higher than i mounted mine but i wanted mine LOW for lots of clearance putting my butt on the side of the seat and cornering with out sitting ont he fenders and breaking them, but most importantly the dont flop or move and they dont break every race like the 400ex rears did.

mikeB
06-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Sweet rides.. look like tons of fun to ridE!

joeb23
06-04-2007, 09:00 PM
are those the only pics you have of your prp?

woodsracer144
06-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
Both are running great, gotta get the prp bike on the right to sit a little lower (shocks need to be set up for my weight, right now they are for about two of me). right now i still like the 400ex framed crf better, sits alot lower and ive got it dailed in for me and how i ride, the prp is a little more of a handful, it likes to jump a little nose high, and i have to get it sitting lower (i slide around corners more instead of squaring off like this one wants to) but one thing about it this thing is a rocket off the line the rear end setup just flat hooks up almost too much in the corners but off the line its perfect.

i know this is super old and all but i need alittle help with mine... have any more pics of the prp? how do you like it now?