PDA

View Full Version : Short Track and TT racing at Middleford Speedway, Delaware

McNuggetMan
05-22-2007, 05:35 AM
Hey guys, just want to get the word out on this upcoming race season we are trying to get up and going. We are shooting for a practice date the 3rd or 4th Sunday on June 07. We test ran the track back in January this year and it is fast, 1/4 mile banked oval on clay, nice setup. This is a new area for us to race at gratefully by owner of the track is enthused with the possibility of us running this track and hopes for it to become a standard race to be added to the schedule throughout the season.

We ran last year at a small track in Dover, DE and the turnout was great, we went from 7 quads the first race to nearly 25 4 weeks later, we got alot of response and everyone has input in the way it is run.

We need to get as many guys and girls together to get this thing rolling and we would like to get 25 or more quads for this June, if everything goes good, we will start the racing this season. We already have a AMA sanctioned event in September planned there, and the good thing is the quads are the main attraction the rest of the year, not the bikes.

Classes will be divided into a not yet determined setup, I am pushing for the 2 strokes to be run with the 4strokes myself, but we will see what everyones reactions will be, I ride ancient bikes myself.

For more information please call me at 302-378-0888 or email me at Powderbarons@verizon.net. The entry fee for the practices will be like $20 to $25 per rider and last time we ran from 11am till like 5pm or so, lots of track time.

If you know someone who is interested in this racing please pass this information out to them, as we are trying to get this thing going. I am not the one who organized this event, I am just a racer who sees how everyone who has ran dirt track or TT has been hooked by it. So don't think I am trying to make any money out of this, I just want this to happen and with the help and support of all of you, it can.

Thanks Mark

McNuggetMan
06-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Update here for you guys, June 17th will be the first practice to kick off the new season, followed by a June 24th race, there will be 6 or 7 races afterwards ending on Nov.4th. This spaces the races out well enough to not make it a chore to come out and race like every weekend.

The plans now are to allow knobbies as well as flat track tires, such as Hoosier, American Racers and Duro's. We anticipate people switching to the flat track tires after they see the difference, but they don't want to turn anyone away now for showing up with knobbies, mud tires won;t be allowed, it has to be a sport type tire, Razors, Turf Tamers, etc... Let us know if you are interested in coming out for this. I am trying to get a count of how many guys will be there.

Thanks again

McNuggetMan
06-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Update, the tracks first practice is now June 24th, it had a scheduling conflict on the 17th, I jumped the gun and announced it beforehand. I will post the tracks phone number when I know more that way people can call and find out directly from them.

So far 8 races are setup for this season and 12 planned for next year, starting in April in 08.