PDA

View Full Version : MMI good or bad ?

2004Ohio400ex
05-21-2007, 08:40 PM
I just enrolled in MMI in Orlando fl. into the Honda program its 15 months i was hoping somone has already been there and could let me know if its worth my time and money or is it a joke any info would be helpfull

rancherrider69
05-21-2007, 08:48 PM
ive been thinking bout goin to mmi too if ya dont mind me asking how much is it gonna cost ya

2004Ohio400ex
05-21-2007, 09:16 PM
22,125 for the honda program the others are a lil cheaper and not as long i believe you can do the yamaha program in like 7-8 months ( only two i'm doing ) not sure about the rest

quadracer707
05-22-2007, 04:31 PM
My son is starting in November of this year. I think to do the whole program 18 months long, around $22000. Everything is included except a $100 dollar meter you have to buy. All tools are included no books to buy, 5 hours per day 3 different shifts in classes per day. We drove down to MMI in orlando last month, the freakin place was AWESOME. Tools out the YING YANG every
thing new, the place was so clean you good eat off the floors. When you come out of there you are certified in everything Yamaha, Honda , Suzuki , Kawasaki, build. They even have the extra 12 week program honda is making there techs take. You also can come back when ever you need to get updated for FREE.I was very impressed with the hiring that is done after graduation, It is not for everyone, as it is strict with PROPER attire to where & how to conduct your self at work & showing up on time for school. We found a trailer resort my son is staying at with his toy hauler, alot cheaper than staying in a run down apartment building. Then we can come down to visit, without paying for motel expenses. I really think especially with gas prices rising that the motorcycle industry will do nothing but excel. Look how the quad industry has grown in the last 2 years. Suzuki says there is not enough graduates to fill there positions alone in the next year. Can you say job security. Just my 2 cents, & I have really done my homework on this.

Wades dad

redrider05
05-22-2007, 07:37 PM
well since your from ohio you ever look into the powersports institute in cleveland ohio? i graduated there and found i job relatively fast....umm check out there website www.psi-now.com

its a great place...nice thing about it is that the classes are pretty small so the teacher to student ratio it rather high then the classes at mmi where there was about 50 students to 2 instuctors..psi was 20-3 teachers

jus food for thought tho

2004Ohio400ex
10-02-2007, 12:57 PM
i never knew about the school in ohio i'm already in fl. and at MMI been there 3 months now... its alot of bull**** right now but its a good school just still in the **** classes teachin ppl that know nothing at all about bikes or even been on a bike what is going on

Honda TRX250ex
10-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by redrider05
well since your from ohio you ever look into the powersports institute in cleveland ohio? i graduated there and found i job relatively fast....umm check out there website www.psi-now.com

its a great place...nice thing about it is that the classes are pretty small so the teacher to student ratio it rather high then the classes at mmi where there was about 50 students to 2 instuctors..psi was 20-3 teachers

jus food for thought tho
PSI is a great school! i have a friend going right now. Ill probly be going there when i graduate. I talk to the rep. (mike) all the time when he comes in our auto shop.