PDA

View Full Version : Leatt brace

Nick110
05-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Who wears one and how do you like it. What one do you have (club, sport, pro)? I plan on buying one real soon and just want to know if there is a big difference between the club and the sport one besides the sport being semi carbon fiber. Will the club one still offer the strength of the sport?

coolguy8769
05-21-2007, 07:56 PM
i am also thinking about getting one, i have seen a few dirtbike riders at the races with them and them look pretty "protective", my question is if you can still wear some kind of chest protector with one

ECATV Raptor
05-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by coolguy8769
i am also thinking about getting one, i have seen a few dirtbike riders at the races with them and them look pretty "protective", my question is if you can still wear some kind of chest protector with one
You have to make modifications to shirts, jackets, chest protectors and body armor depending on the design. Then u need a strap system fitted onto ur helmets chin strap

AtvMxRider
05-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by ECATV Raptor
You have to make modifications to shirts, jackets, chest protectors and body armor depending on the design. Then u need a strap system fitted onto ur helmets chin strap

It does not attach to your helmet. The difference in the club and sport is weight. The sport is a few grams lighter.

AtvMxRider
05-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by coolguy8769

Yes you can wear a chest protector with it. On some chest protectors you have to trim the shoulder alittle.

JRP
05-22-2007, 07:38 AM
hey nick/jeff. i had the opportunity to try one out(not to race) but i just got to wear it and walk aroud with it on. I wore the club/sport, and there was absolutely no difference in the feel to me. It is very comfortable, and barely noticeable to wear. I will most likely be getting one very soon also!

quad2xtreme
05-22-2007, 03:10 PM
I have a link to a chest protector made specifically for this brace that does not require modification. It is on the home pc so I will post later. Somebody send me a pm if I forget...

/jon

416exfreak
05-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Could someone post of pic of this brace?...ive never heard of it...

FHKracingZ
05-22-2007, 03:59 PM
i have a leatt and love it! umm ECA you dont know what your talking about.. i have a thor over chest protector that it works great with and a EVS under chest protector it works great to. just tuck the spinal back piece under the chest protector.. here are some pics from redbud with me wearing it

FHKracingZ
05-22-2007, 04:00 PM
another. deffinatly worth the $400 i spent. look at it this way, we spend thousands on our suspension, engine, looks, and stuff trying to go fast, whats $400 to maybe someday save our life.

AtvMxRider
05-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Could someone post of pic of this brace?...ive never heard of it...

ECATV Raptor
05-22-2007, 07:24 PM
There is a smart strap system that connects on the chin strap. A friend of mine has a Leatt-Brace and the chest protector needed to be modified.

GPracer2500
05-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Word on the street is that a few other manufactures are working on their own versions of this safety device. I've seen a pic of an Alpinestars unit in testing.

mxdad
05-23-2007, 04:10 AM
My son wears one and he doesn't even notice it when he is riding. This is great for a kid that hated the foam neck rolls around his neck. He wears a flak jacket from rockgardn.com and the back part of the leatt actually fits perfectly into the top of the spine protector on the flak jacket. Here is a pic of him wearing it and then a pic of it from the rear and how it fits into the flak jacket.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/d6quads/bpgapril2112.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/d6quads/michael41.jpg