PDA

View Full Version : 86 honda powervalve 250r 4k homer city, pa

keystonedragger
05-21-2007, 05:44 PM
hey guys, i just graduated from college and am looking for a job and moving out of my parents house so i have to let my quad go so i can get some money to get things going. the pictures are before many upgrades and the fresh blue powder coating. here we go guys...

1986 honda 250r WITH title!
FRAME
+4 durablue axle, rad locking axle nut
stock frame, gussetted, no cracks
laeger's swingarm, 89 style so the frame has been converted, double row bearing carrier and new bearings
frame and swingarm were both powder coated this season
a-arms are +2 +1 burgard with fresh bushings and seals, i just greased them this weekend.
MOTOR
the motor is done by duncan racing, bored out to 265cc then stroked 2mm to about 272cc, powervalve, o-ringed coolhead,
$300 carburetor straight from duncan and i still have the receipt. it's a 37.3mm ported and polished PJ kehein carb. i also have a complete jet kit from them, which is just about every jet plus 2 needles and 3 pilot jets.
the motor pulls great and will keep up with just about anything out there. i have it geared for flat track so it's got a ton of top end which helps it keep up with the new 450s.
it's a little rich on top and could use some jetting. it bogs down on the top 9/10ths of the throttle and i dont have the time or skill to tune it any better. however it starts great, pulls strong until almost wide open throttle, and never fouls plugs.

SHOCKS
rear shock has been rebuilt by pro action for a 180lb rider
front shocks are works triple rate.
rear shock has an adjustable link for lowering and raising ride height, front lowering kit

EXHAUST
shortened fat boy2 silencer, extra packing
paul turner eliminator head pipe, this pipe is perfect and chrome. very expensive pipe, about 380 bucks from duncan racing last time i checked
new springs and gaskets on the exhaust, no exhaust leaks at all
WHEELS/TIRES
quad has fairly new 18"gnarly rears and 20" holeshot fronts. worn 20" razrs on rims, worn titans on rims. all are offset aluminum .190 douglas rims, and all hold air
OTHER
stock front plastic, white with a blue hood
white aftermarket rear plastic with quick-release pin style fastening system
i do not have the stock airbox, the K&N air filter is fastened to the frame, stays very clean and otu of the way
esr temperature guage
pep steering stabilizer, ac nerf bars with pro peg kick ups, tether kill switch, blingstar front bumper, skid plates
+2 steel braided front brake lines

geez i hope thats all of it! lots of extra with this quad, serious inquiries only please!
i'm only asking for 4000. make me an offer and i may consider it if you're coming to pick it up
i'm not looking for trades either so dont ask.
i do not use this forum much AT ALL so please email me or call if you are interested
ryansworkaccount@hotmail.com
or call me at 724-840-2424
i live in homer city, pa. delivery available for a good price.

http://www.geocities.com/keystonedragger/ducan265.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/keystonedragger/rear.jpg

keystonedragger
06-11-2007, 02:54 PM
bump

come on guys someone must want a decent 250r!

ZSNOW
06-12-2007, 07:20 PM
no offense man but ur asking way to much, i'd give you about half that or 2500 but 4000 is pushing it for a 86 250r ...sorry man:ermm:

knelson
06-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Unfortunatly True.:(

keystonedragger
06-13-2007, 09:36 PM
i dont see why it's not worth that much. the frame's in good condition no cracks or anything, the motors fresh and runs strong and aside from the jetting that i can't get perfect it's a great quad. i'd keep it because it keeps up with everything out there but i'm getting out of the off road thing. if anyone out there wants to make me an offer for 3500 i'll take it but it's not worth it for me to let it go for much less. maybe i could take some of the extra off and sell them myself. i appreciate the honesty though.

wishmasstir
06-14-2007, 07:33 AM
if you have a wheel barrow and a couple shovels to throw in i'll give you a slap in the face cause i like you and we'll call it a day :blah:

keystonedragger
06-14-2007, 11:24 AM
you blairsville people think you're so tough lol

LT250Racer609
06-14-2007, 07:57 PM
come on, what are you people smoking these days? First off, if your gonna put his thread down, dont post at all....2nd, The quad is worth every penny of 4 grand. The top end kit alone retails for 1500.00 brand new, and its almost fully aftermarket

BUMP for a sick quad...If i had the money, this would be my practice quad in a heart beat.