PDA

View Full Version : Dome Top Air Box & Block Off Plug

SGA
10-26-2001, 12:15 PM
I took 3punk dad's idea of gluing outerwear to top of lid but changed it a little so water would run off. I added plastic plumbers strap inside the lid to form a dome. Seems to work well. Also wanted a cheap air snorkle block off. Macblaster(Exrider member) was over at the house & suggested using a top off of a aresol paint can. Worked great! Used red because I thought it looked trick. :blah

SGA
10-26-2001, 12:22 PM
Pic of inside of box lid

knighttime
10-26-2001, 12:55 PM
Looks very professionally done. I was just wonderin, whats the advantage of blockin off the snorkel?

400exRacerX
10-26-2001, 01:15 PM
Nice design i'll have to try it. the block off for the snorkel gives you better air flow and keeps any debris out of the air box, mainly for mx and xc racing.

SGA
10-26-2001, 02:06 PM
I was running a open airbox w/ k&n and outerwears but was amazed how much water was getting into air box not even going that fast through 6 inchs of water. Thats why I made the top mods. I spray a little silicone on the top every now & then to keep the water running off. (the kind of silicone in the spray can from the hardware store) Waterproofs yet allows air to go through.