PDA

View Full Version : Good Question

XXXRACER165
05-21-2007, 03:05 PM
My Father has an '06 450R w/ the HRC kit installed. Would the machine benefit from an aftermarket exhaust?? How much more power would it give the motor???

400exrider707
05-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by XXXRACER165
My Father has an '06 450R w/ the HRC kit installed. Would the machine benefit from an aftermarket exhaust?? How much more power would it give the motor???

Add a full exhaust, and remove the lid if you can. This will make it an entirely different bike. Unless you already have the HRC lid, then leave that one on. An exhaust will help tremendously.

CHEVYZ
05-21-2007, 05:20 PM
Nah, you really wouldn't. The HRC is a great exhaust, and you really don't gain much other than sound and a little better throttle response from an aftermarket system.

Sjorge450R
05-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
Nah, you really wouldn't. The HRC is a great exhaust, and you really don't gain much other than sound and a little better throttle response from an aftermarket system.

Rossier claims about 9 HP increase with pipe cam and filter. I have seen the dynos from other places other than rossier too.

CHEVYZ
05-22-2007, 04:54 AM
???

He already has the HRC kit installed. I am sure that 9 HP is very easy to achieve with a pipe, cam, and filter over a stock bike. As far as horsepower numbers over the HRC, you would probably gain a bit from it. That little bit of an increase really means nothing, though. Changing to a Rossier system on the HRC bike is hardly even worth it IMO when it comes down to noticably making your bike faster. I put my HRC system back on my 06.