PDA

View Full Version : BUMMED!!! Mine took a crap!

adrenalinefreak
05-21-2007, 01:41 PM
So, I was at the track yesterday and I came down from a small jump and as I landed the quad lost all power and kind of sputter/gargled and then backfired...I got it back to my truck and let it sit while they were watering the track and once practice was open again I went to start it..

no go! It had starting issues when i first got it and then occassionally it wouldn't start but this was different. Push starting would always fire it right up no problems...

yesterday it would even push start...actually it fired once but didn't sound right backfired and died...

I'm sponsored through Carter so they have the bike right now...I'll post back with a verdict....

Sucks though...also hurt my ankle pretty bad....hyperflexed/extended it landing a small jump...

not a good day..

Anyone else have any similar problems?

Titanium
05-21-2007, 01:54 PM
I saw something happen similar to this while i was riding down at the river last time which was about a month ago. Except the dude was doin a wheelie and he let it down and it just stopped. Then he tried to start it and it wouldn't start. And no he didnt run out of gas. I was hopin that his KFX 450 was the only one doin it but i guess not. I was kind of wantin one also:ermm:

bustedknuckle
05-21-2007, 06:49 PM
sounds like the throttle position sensor get a servis maniual it will tel you how to read the .cpu .we have two of our bikes do this.