PDA

View Full Version : EFI upgrade

mod440ex
05-21-2007, 06:46 AM
i am wanting to get a new slipon for my kfx, do i need to also get an efi programmer or will the stock efi controller work for now until i put a k&n on.

spanky101
05-21-2007, 10:59 AM
for the best performance you will want to buy a power commander or other form of efi controller. Yoshi also makes the PIM and FIMAK for the kfx now.

mod440ex
05-22-2007, 07:09 AM
will it hurt my quad if i just run a slip on pipe. i dont have the money right now to do both, and i would rather be able to hear the quad when i am riding with friends over theirs

spanky101
05-22-2007, 09:03 AM
in my opinion i would not do it. You will run the chance of being lean and that could cause serious issues. Buy the efi controller first and then go and take off the airbox lid and the restrictor in the stock exhaust

orang_kawa
05-22-2007, 04:16 PM
hey im running a full procircuit exhaust it running good the bike comes a little rich from the factory

KAWIRYDER
05-22-2007, 08:51 PM
So it wouldn't be a good idea to remove the airbox lid and the core from the muffler, without getting a PC?

gibson400ex
05-23-2007, 02:43 PM
i wouldnt see why not,

just because you have a slip-on dosnt mean you have to have a power commander at all

you should be fine

spanky101
05-23-2007, 08:34 PM
you are letting the bike exhaust flow better and causing less pressure and whatnot causing more fuel to be needed to counter balance this effect.

atvmxr
05-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Im an old school oil burner :D but keeping an eye in here from time to time cause I think the KFX is what I'll wind up buying if I get a new quad...... anyway what the @#$% good is an efi system if it can adjust for engine mods??? I thought that was the whole point of efi, was so that the engine could tune itself, with out have to constantly rejet the quad. :confused:

now I understand when you start doing some serious mods you can reach the limit of the fuel trims available from stock (high CR, cams, porting, big valves) but a pipe/silencer/air filter change should be able to be handled by the the stock EFI

In the reverse of Bricktop from Snatch "Im asking, not telling how it is" :devil: