PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever go to carbondale PA?

yellow400ex05
05-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Hey does anyone go to or has been to Carbondale PA? Theres a bunch of trails and hillclimbs there and i went there for the first time today and it was sick! The hillclimbs there are insane compared to where i live. Its so sweet because you can ride on the roads to the trails and stuff. If anyone from here as there today i was on an 05 yellow 400ex.

yamaha250f
05-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Bro where are you from I live in Mayfield which is right next to Carbondale. I grew up riding on the coal hills its basically my back yard. PM me and I could meet up with you and take you around, I have riding spots all over the place around there and a few of my friends have tracks in their back yards.

CRich[814]
05-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by yellow400ex05
Hey does anyone go to or has been to Carbondale PA?

where is this place yo?

yamaha250f
05-21-2007, 06:10 AM
Carbondale, Pa is in Lackawanna about 20 mins away from Scranton. Theres 2 massive piles of coal dumps from the old strip mines back in the day with huge hill climbs and about 5 mins away from them theres a huge black sand flat we call the black desert and on top of that we have an endless amount of trail riding but the only thing is that its basically all private property you can ride there but you also do take a chance and as far as taking the road to get to different trails thats bad news thats what got most of our riding area's blocked off and what not.

yellow400ex05
05-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by yamaha250f
Carbondale, Pa is in Lackawanna about 20 mins away from Scranton. Theres 2 massive piles of coal dumps from the old strip mines back in the day with huge hill climbs and about 5 mins away from them theres a huge black sand flat we call the black desert and on top of that we have an endless amount of trail riding but the only thing is that its basically all private property you can ride there but you also do take a chance and as far as taking the road to get to different trails thats bad news thats what got most of our riding area's blocked off and what not.

yea this place is sweet, i wish i took some pictures of the big hill. Hey yamaha250f do u have any pictures of the trails or the hill's?

Honda TRX250ex
05-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Are you allowed to ride there?

deathman53
05-21-2007, 07:00 PM
I was there 4 years ago, its was nice, however very easy to get lost. I was told its is quite illegal.

yamaha250f
05-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Yeah its not exactly the most legal spot to ride but like I've said I have been riden there since I was 12 yrs old. I dont have any pics I dont usually carry my camera when I'm out ridin but i could try to get some pics for you guys. We should set something up for a small ride of a few people I can take you for a good day of trails and hill.

D-7#61-450r
05-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Just be careful not to ride on one of the old mine fires. I lived there when I was younger actually Mayfield. My dad worked for Westlake for like 23 years. And If you are in the area you definetly know Chico. Great times up there and I remeber trails everywhere.

yellow400ex05
05-22-2007, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by D-7#61-450r
Just be careful not to ride on one of the old mine fires. I lived there when I was younger actually Mayfield. My dad worked for Westlake for like 23 years. And If you are in the area you definetly know Chico. Great times up there and I remeber trails everywhere.

I heard that some of the piles smoke, is that what your talking about? Just wondering but what would happen if you were to ride on it?

yamaha250f
05-22-2007, 06:32 AM
The 2 big main pile dont smoke the smoking piles are over by the black desert. D-7#61-450r when did you live in Mayfield, whats your name maybe I know you and if you rode over at the dumps back in the day you must know Anthony and Donny Carroll.

D-7#61-450r
05-22-2007, 08:26 PM
those names aren't familiar with me. My cousins are Ezman's you may or may not have heard of them. I have not lived in Mayfield in 25 years but I would go ride with them from time to time. They lived basicly at the top of the hill as you go up the levels of mayfield. But its been like 15 years since they moved to New York for the life of snowmobiles.
As far as the mine fires. They are just a couple of the coal dumps that have been burning for years and sometimes would glow at night. Not actually burn just warm.