PDA

View Full Version : Spliting the cases

Crazy lil punk
05-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Any thing I should look, or look out for? Do I have to take the fly wheel off? do I need a special tool for that?
thanks, Joe

u_want_some
05-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Hey dont try to take the flywheel off with out the special pulling tool, it's only a couple bucks from Ebay. If you do you will ruin the flywheeler and possibly the stator. Anyway to split the cases you do not need to remove the flywheel, just the 3 bolts behind it that are connecting the cases together. Do you have a manual? If not, you definatly need one, there is one listed in the forum. But once all the bolts are out, lay the case on a hard suface and tap the cases apart with a rubber mallet. Hope that helps

Crazy lil punk
05-20-2007, 05:28 PM
So i can swap out the crank with out taking of the flywheel?

u_want_some
05-20-2007, 06:17 PM
You have to remove the flwheel and stator assembly to remove the crank. Have you looked at the manual?

Crazy lil punk
05-20-2007, 07:01 PM
No, I havent looked at the maunal yet

u_want_some
05-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Hey it only takes a sec to look at the manual....I am a first time rebulider myself and if it was not for that manual I would not have a good running 250R!! The manual is at the top of this forum and if you dont have the time to review that, then you should just give up now!!

Crazy lil punk
05-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by u_want_some
Hey it only takes a sec to look at the manual....I am a first time rebulider myself and if it was not for that manual I would not have a good running 250R!! The manual is at the top of this forum and if you dont have the time to review that, then you should just give up now!!

okay, thanks!