PDA

View Full Version : brake pedal help

AJ's Blaster
05-20-2007, 10:33 AM
I need to get the brake pedal off I already have the swingarm off and when I try to drive out the pedal it won't budge. The reason I need it off is because it has become very hard to move and when I push it down the spring (which is in fine shape) can not pull it back up I need to use my hand. I really need help I have a ride this weekend and I need to use the rear brake.

JOEX
05-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by AJ's Blaster
I need to get the brake pedal off I already have the swingarm off and when I try to drive out the pedal it won't budge. The reason I need it off is because it has become very hard to move and when I push it down the spring (which is in fine shape) can not pull it back up I need to use my hand. I really need help I have a ride this weekend and I need to use the rear brake.
This isn't unusual.

Just spray some penetrating oil around the shaft and keep moving it up and down while applying pressure on the other end. It may take awhile but it'll come out eventually. Took me a few days:p

AJ's Blaster
05-20-2007, 08:41 PM
thanks after two hours of constant pressure and turning I finally got it. I will never let that get that bad again.

JOEX
05-20-2007, 09:07 PM
That's about how much actual time I spent on it too.

This is what happens to brand new pads when the lever sticks:(

JOEX
05-20-2007, 09:08 PM
:huh