PDA

View Full Version : Any Expert Blaster Tech's Here?? Questions...

LathersR
05-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Hey I'm screwing around with this blaster and I want to get rid of the factory rev limiter on top of the carb. What wires get twisted together and where do they go? This rev limiter is giving the motor some issues.. so I just want to delete it pretty much. Also did you guys see alot of a difference plugging the oil pump oil and running mixed gas? This is off a 1995 blaster BTW! Thanks, daylen

honda450rider33
05-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by LathersR
Hey I'm screwing around with this blaster and I want to get rid of the factory rev limiter on top of the carb. What wires get twisted together and where do they go? This rev limiter is giving the motor some issues.. so I just want to delete it pretty much. Also did you guys see alot of a difference plugging the oil pump oil and running mixed gas? This is off a 1995 blaster BTW! Thanks, daylen

that is not a rev limiter it is the tors which is throttle override system it kills the motor if the throttle sticks to get rid of it i would buy a tors removal kit because you then have to move your idle screw, i have an oil injection block off on my blaster and i like it, it was simple to do if you go to trengaracing.com and click on support they give you step by step printable color instructions for free. what ever anyone tells you on this site do not just jerry rig your oil pump block off buy the block off it is like 30bucks and it gives you everything you need including a clutch cover gasket i ordered mine from rocky mountain atv

blasterfreak99
05-20-2007, 09:20 AM
or you could just buy a slightly larger carb and throttle cable and it would get rid of the tors plus it would make it faster. i would go with a 28mm but a 30mm if you want to do p&p, pipe silencer, and any other mods.

honda450rider33
05-20-2007, 01:08 PM
i agree with him you could do that to

South Side
06-19-2007, 05:10 PM
If you are gonna do some mods to the quad I'd use a 250R carb they are cheap and easy to find and just get rid of the stock one. T.M. Design works has a oil injection block off too, really cheap. Don't hack the injection system buy the kit and do it right. Or just get the tors kit ad fix it that way twisting things together and hacking isn't very safe.

honda450rider33
06-19-2007, 10:16 PM
i bought mine from tm designs also but the instructions are the same and oil injection block off is an oil injection block off they are pretty much all the same, what hacking are you talking about?