PDA

View Full Version : DRR on the poduim!

QuadJunkies
05-19-2007, 06:28 PM
My son Brandon was pretty rusty in the 1st rae of the day, but was catchin on abit better by the Sport 8-15 class.
A few more races and he should step it up abit :)
We are experimenting with some dif. shock springs after talking with Elka at the track ,his ride will hopefully be a little more plsuh as the springs we ordered were a bit too stiff for him.
Brandon took a 3rd place this past wk end at round 5 of the WORCS series.
good thing we were done when we were, axle nut was backed off and a few others things that will need a better dose of lock tight. lol
All in all, everything ran really good! Time to experiment with some gearing, dif rollers ect..It was nice to get threw the race in ONE PIECE!

Congrats to all the youth riders! All those kids were awesome

I give HUGE props for the 50 class conqueinrg some of the hills they had to climb. There was a few that was screaming as they went down hill!
Im working on Coverage this wk end.

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/79034366.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/79034368.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/79034370.jpg

Pappy
05-19-2007, 09:07 PM
hell yeah!

QuadJunkies
05-20-2007, 04:09 PM
I think Im even more proud of him stopping to ask the one kid who flipped in the trails if he needed some help.

I knew the race meant alot to him after all the troubles we had with his new mini ,but compassion for a fellow rider must have meant a great deal as well.:)

ecmini1
05-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Congrats to all the kids, Great to hear DRR on the podium. Looks like it was muddy?
How do you like the bigger tires we have been practicing with some bigger tires other than the snow hogs. The kids seem to like the snow hogs better.

QuadJunkies
05-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Its a catch 22...
We like the snow hog better for the MX sections, but they are not enough in the offroad sections for ground clearanceso we have to outweigh all the options and opt for the 18's when we have to . He doesnt like to MX with them much being such a bigger tire.Offroad racing the snow hogs are just too small IMO

We are excited to try the two sizes of Maxxis tires rears to see how they work.A lighter tire will be a nice edition for offroad mini racers. :)

wvspeedfreak
05-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Congratulations and QJ you have a pm ;)

QuadJunkies
05-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Congratulations and QJ you have a pm ;)
I sent you one as well ...
Give Troy a buzz tomorrow.;)

riding4fun
05-21-2007, 06:58 AM
Congrats, he looks very happy standing on the podium. Looks like they had fun in the mud.

Nice pics also.

Tell him to keep his eyes on the road, ha ha ha

QuadJunkies
05-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by riding4fun
Congrats, he looks very happy standing on the podium. Looks like they had fun in the mud.

Nice pics also.

Tell him to keep his eyes on the road, ha ha ha
lol you would be amazed how many peeps look at the camera during a race -Huh Pappy?! :p

That was a berm shot and I was down low,I THINK this time he was actually looking where he was supposed to, I was just kinda in his path.:)

The kid on the 1st place was Typhoon rider(and atvrider member,Robbs son) Grant Mitchell-FAST KID!:macho
There is a bunch of great kids in the series this year.

bulldogfallon
05-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Congrats on the solid race and the great pics!!

QuadJunkies
05-22-2007, 11:48 PM

Wont be too long when he gets to try out the new pipe thats coming out ,were hoping a little more bottom end will help him out more .

QuadJunkies
06-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Another great wk end for Brandon
8-15 sport class
He got his 1st-1st place finish at WORCS this wk end.
He rode his butt off !
I cant wait to get all the youth riders vidoes and coverage done.
This was a 1st for many kids racing a real woods race !!
ALOT of damaged quads this wk end from the trees.
:scary:
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/80761978.jpg
Pictured here with Grant Mitchell -both had some great battles this wk end!!
http://www.pbase.com/image/80761985/original.jpg

sldhd700
06-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Great Job Brandon.
Are you guys going to Monticello? I m taking Shayden down this will be his first WORCS race. I m going to run him Stock and Sport Class. By the looks of things he s going to have to ride. Are there any races going on in your area we have a month without anything here in Utah. Great job Brandon hope to see you in Monticello!

Shayden Housley #39

QuadJunkies
06-18-2007, 07:55 PM
We have a quads only race at Clay Peak next month,you should come!
We probably wont have HUGE turnout, but its seat time before WORCS and I hear we have some elevation changes to prepare for so this would be a good place to practice.:)
Info can be found here
www.claypeak.com

QuadJunkies
08-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Brandon went out and represented the DRR well and won BOTH his classes this past wk end at round 7of the WORCS series in the 71-90 mod and the sport 8-15 class!
The Sport race was one of the most intense mini races I have EVER seen!!!
There was some awesome battles in some very technical terrain.

There will be youth coverage up later this week.
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/84220908.jpg

sldhd700
08-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Good job Brandon!! Did you guys run the mystery pipe at this race? If so what did you think? Rich is also curious.

Shayden Housley #39

QuadJunkies
08-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by sldhd700
Good job Brandon!! Did you guys run the mystery pipe at this race? If so what did you think? Rich is also curious.

Shayden Housley #39
We didnt want to test it on a race, but we will be testing it this week at home or next week once we get settled in from the long wk end.

Greg(our motor builder) said Rich was in Wash. this past wk end?
Is that true? If so, wish we could have met him!:)

Maybe Greg got mixed up with maybe another kid who was running the pipe .

riding4fun
08-21-2007, 11:51 AM
QJ,

Tell Brandon congrats on the great finish. He is such a good rider.

sldhd700
08-21-2007, 11:59 AM
I don t know if Rich went to Washington or not he might have. He s got another rider he s working with that is running the 70 mod class. I think he is going to be in Monticello though if not you ll have to stop in SLC on your way and say hello. I talked with him last week he doesn t have problem with word getting out he s building pipes.

That is an awesome pic of Brandon. I m really looking forward to getting Shayden out there with these other kids in Monticello. He needs a challenge and I think this will be good for him. We run the same tracks here every weekend.

By the way USRA is starting a mini class so there may be few more races here in Utah.

Shayden Housley #39

QuadJunkies
08-21-2007, 12:31 PM
QJ,

Tell Brandon congrats on the great finish. He is such a good rider.
Thank you.. Ill tell him ;)

sldhd700~ We will be in late Thurs night,wewill have to meet up on Fri. :)
We wont have time to stop in SLC due to the kids and schooland a 9 hours drive....So I hope Rich will be coming next round to meet him.

twisted threads
08-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Great Pictures!! I was very impressed on how good them little guys and gals are.

bulldogfallon
08-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Congratulations!!

You guys always take awesome pictures...

racerdad199
08-22-2007, 12:14 PM
congrats!! That is really impressive

Does he make the entire race on one tank of gas? I looking at the worcs site and they raced for about 48 minutes. That seems intense enough for the time frame. I was just wondering how many times you need to fill him up

QuadJunkies
08-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by racerdad199
congrats!! That is really impressive

Does he make the entire race on one tank of gas? I looking at the worcs site and they raced for about 48 minutes. That seems intense enough for the time frame. I was just wondering how many times you need to fill him up

We have never had to fill up . :D I think lasttime Troy told me we had about a 1/4 of a tank left on an Average. Things might be a little different at Pismo since they are racing on a beach. We are goign to test his out at the local duning spot to see how it does on fuel prior to the Pismo round.

And for Kelsey its REAAAALLLYYY nice having the Hybrid cause of the larger sized gas tank.

CrackerboyLV
08-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Here's one from last weekend. See you in Montecello...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1339/1216679930_fb3142c2f3.jpg

QuadJunkies
08-28-2007, 12:14 AM
Great photo-thanks!
Lets hope theres not a repeat of the mudfest in Monticello :scary: lol
sldhd700 ~~
Were testing the new pipe and rollers this wk end,motor builder is anxious to see how it performs.
Thoie rollers are way dif. looking!

sldhd700
08-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Cool

Let me know how the pipe works. I think I know which rollers you are talking about. I have n t tried them yet although we are running against someone who is they seem to work well. He ll be running them at WORC s. I ll email later I hav equestions about WORCs

See ya next weekend

Shayden Housley #39

bulldogfallon
08-28-2007, 12:26 PM
I have some of those rollers too :)

DRR maybe a good source to get them soon

Nichols Atvs
08-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Someone got a picture of these new rollers so the rest of us can see an let us know the results on them pipe too.

sldhd700
08-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Can t do it. Its a secret!

I m not letting the cat out of the bag on this one!

Not even its head. My builder says they re still testing.

We raced against this set up last weekend. Off the line Shayden smoked 3 out of 4 starts(A Clas & Mod). After that it was a good race. There are also other factors involved, more cat in the bag. We ll see next week at WORCS.

Has anyone ever put a cat in a pillow case and spun it? Look out when you open the bag!

Shayden Housley #39

sldhd700
08-28-2007, 09:28 PM
I forgot to mention Shayden is running the same pipe without the rollers.

More cat in the bag.

Shayden Housley #39

QuadJunkies
08-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
I have some of those rollers too :)

DRR maybe a good source to get them soon

Ive never seen anything like those before! lol
So how do you like them?

sldhd700- if you want your welcome to call us if you have any questions.;)

BradLoomis
08-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Just curious Tina... is this what you guys are trying?
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc52/X-Stream_Composites/drpulleyslidephoto.jpg

QuadJunkies
09-01-2007, 07:52 AM
Cool

Let me know how the pipe works.
See ya next weekend

Shayden Housley #39
We was going to test the pipe today at the local dunes, but the pipes mounts dont match up,so we wont be able to run it next wk end .

sldhd700
09-01-2007, 09:18 PM
That sucks the mounts were off. I know Rich had to change mine also. Well we will see you guys next weekend. We will be leaving SLC around 1 30 or so we want to beat rush hour traffic out of town.

Shayden Housley #39

QuadJunkies
09-02-2007, 07:18 PM
If I can think to remember to bring it with us, Ill give it back to him atthe track if he will be there . :)
We tried the rollers. Troy Didnt care for them so we will probably run our set up we had prior for Monticello.I think he also said something about them being a heavier roller as well.
I think we are more curious what jetting to be running ,thats a huge jetting difference for us compared to Idaho's.

We got the Coastal jetting dialed in and are now keeping a log with us for reference for next season for each round,temps and Elev. .lol:p
I hope Kelseys feeling better by thewk end . We think she might have torn her MCL :(

sldhd700
09-03-2007, 06:40 AM
Rich will be there Thursday night. I had talked with him about the rollers after your post. He thought they might be to heavy he wasn t sure. Rich is also bringing some other pipes and goodies with him down there. I think he s ready to start selling some of these. I know he s got a 50 & 70 kit put together that is working well. Cadie Hunt is running the 70 kit in the Mod Class. Her bike is the one that wheelies off the line. Pretty neat to see.

Hope Kelsey will be OK after seeing pics of these kids I m looking forward to seeing them ride.

QuadJunkies
09-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Rich will be there Thursday night. I had talked with him about the rollers after your post. He thought they might be to heavy he wasn t sure. Rich is also bringing some other pipes and goodies with him down there. I think he s ready to start selling some of these. I know he s got a 50 & 70 kit put together that is working well. Cadie Hunt is running the 70 kit in the Mod Class. Her bike is the one that wheelies off the line. Pretty neat to see.

Hope Kelsey will be OK after seeing pics of these kids I m looking forward to seeing them ride.

I hope she can too. Even if she can, she def. wont be 100%:(
I guess we wont see Rich if hes coming in on Thurs. we wont be in until late that night.
Brandon will never wheelie this mini off the line with the +2 Swinger I dont think -maybe off cement ..lol
Might have to run him in the Open class next season so we can use the other motor we have and add some "sugar and spice " to it .:devil: Brandons mods are minimal on his quad right now ,we have to to race in the class hes in now.
Compared to what we had done to his 1st motor we had in the
E-ton-that motor was FAST!
See ya in a few days!!

The only thing we dont have right now that we could use is a new Stator coil and CDI. I need to go and price some .

QuadJunkies
09-16-2007, 09:56 PM
There were several DRR's on the podium this past round!
Check out the WORCS Youth Coverage!:macho
Great kids.. lots of talented kids out there this past wk end!!

Brandon placed 2nd in the 71-90 mod class and wrecked his Sport 8-15 class. He was in 2nd before he balled it up . lol
Im just glad hes OK.
We will be working on some motor issues that occured this past round and a few other repairs before the next round.This next race will be sure to be a power robbing race! :(
Hope to see more of you at Pismo Beach race next WORCS round !

sldhd700
09-17-2007, 03:31 AM
Just viewed the race pics. Look really good. Yhat was Shayden that Brandon stopped to help in race 2. They were battling for second place with Shayden leading when he got stuck in some soft stuff. Would have been a perfect time to make a pass. They worked together to get Shayden out then finished racing for an honest pass by Brandon. Apparently there were other riders that were not as sportsman like. There parents really should have a tlk with them about some of the language that they were using.

"Get the F&*^ out of the way" Thats not cool coming out of nine year olds mouth.

Anyhow thanks Brandon!

Shayden Housley #39

QuadJunkies
09-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Just viewed the race pics. Look really good. Yhat was Shayden that Brandon stopped to help in race 2. They were battling for second place with Shayden leading when he got stuck in some soft stuff. Would have been a perfect time to make a pass. They worked together to get Shayden out then finished racing for an honest pass by Brandon. Apparently there were other riders that were not as sportsman like. There parents really should have a talk with them about some of the language that they were using.

"Get the F&*^ out of the way" Thats not cool coming out of nine year olds mouth.

Anyhow thanks Brandon!

Shayden Housley #39

He just told me last night that this race and one prior was two of the most fun races hes done.
He would much rather race and battle with a rider!
Good times!! We look foward to seeing Shyaden at future WORCS racesor maybe something local in between!

ecmini1
09-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Sounds like you guys have rasied some good kids. Thats goes further than winning by bad sportmanship.

Great to here you all are haveing fun SAFE racing.

sldhd700
09-17-2007, 05:32 PM
We are really going to try and hit a few more of the WORCS races next year. USRA has decided to get on the wagon and run minis. So we will run that series for sure and try to take in at least two WORCS. That was such an awesome experience. The company I work for was having a team building get together that was required for all employees to attend the Saturday of WORCS. My boss was a little upset that I wouldn t attend. I told him I was working on building a better team. That weekend was a great team builder for Shayden, Sherri and I. I was told after riding one of these races Shayden would be an improved rider. Well Friday night showed it. He was clearing some table tops that I just new would break the frame. Then laughed when he came off the track. "I guess I learned at WORCS how far I can really jump"

Tina I ll call tomorrow or Wednesday about the resume.

Shayden Housley #39

QuadJunkies
09-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by ecmini1
Sounds like you guys have rasied some good kids. Thats goes further than winning by bad sportmanship.

Great to here you all are haveing fun SAFE racing.
And thats just it... Sooooo many lose perspective of why they really went out and started all thie racing to begin with.:confused:
Fun should be #1 -BAR NONE.The minute my kids become one of the "bad seeds" in our sport is the time my kids will hang it up.
you win some... you lose some ...and sometimes, many . lol

BLugan#10
09-23-2007, 11:35 AM
my mom got me signed up yesterday so I can post when I have some time . I have had a great time racing the worcs series this year besides of a few wrecks and break downs .My motor is being worked on and will be ready I think on monday . itshad a few bugs they are working out . I have really high hopes for the 2008 race season though!:D I think I could do well as long as my quad remains strong.
Tell Shayden I had a blast racing with him. Hes fun to race with.Grant Mitchell on his extreme is alot of fun too and he makes me step it up and go faster and ride harder. I will miss having him in my class next season. I just wanted to pretty much just say hello and thanks to everyone.

QuadJunkies
10-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Round 9 was held at Oceano Dunes near Pismo Beach Cali.

We had a tough wk end but did squeeze out a podium finish on Sundays Sport 8-15 class in 3rd.
Brandons quad smoked a clutch ,but also struggled with power -something we have had issues with all season and cant figure it out .
Brandon was up and running on Sundays race, was about mid into the hole, caught up,held 2nd place until somewhere around the last three laps- pipe completely broke off ,but rode it out with no power and still pulled off third on the podium.
If we could get the whole motor issue figured out and running strong, I think Brandon could have one hell of a season next year.
:macho
We owe a HUGE thank you to ExtrememiniquadsNW for all there hard work to ensure Brandon was able to race un Sunday . Brandon has some exciting things that were working on in 2008 on some upcoming products for the DRR. When I find out more, Ill be sure and post more info .
Were proud of Brandon, he rode his lil butt off on some very rough track conditions .All the kids were great actually :)
The final round is in Nov. and held in Taft, Cali.

http://upload.pbase.com/image/87753187/original.jpg
http://upload.pbase.com/image/87753621/original.jpg

riding4fun
10-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Great news,

Tell Brandon and Kelsey good job. I looked up the results yesterday. That looks like it would be fun on the beach.

QuadJunkies
10-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Great news,

Tell Brandon and Kelsey good job. I looked up the results yesterday. That looks like it would be fun on the beach.
Im sure there was lots of riders who liked the beach, it was a fun atmosphere,but honestly, if we never went back , I wouldnt be sad. :p lol
That sand was very hard on motors and clutches and just even filling your tank with gas was a PITA with the high winds we had .
We can at least say we hae literally raced EVERY type of terrain aside of asphault .lol :D

Kelsey took quite a fall on Sat. she is OK, but may need to have her arm looked at if the swelling doesnt go down soon.

etondaddy
10-23-2007, 12:51 PM
WOW.......... I’ve seen a h@ll of a lot of good pics but man that’s got to be the clearest one I’ve ever seen

QuadJunkies
10-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by etondaddy
WOW.......... I’ve seen a h@ll of a lot of good pics but man that’s got to be the clearest one I’ve ever seen
lol, well thanks!I had alot that were very blurry and they all kicked up alot of dust too that made photos tough.
they wernt what I was hoping for, I didnt think my photos were my best shots of the season by far, it was really hard shooting when the winds were really bad all day. Ive never really shot on the dunes much,so this past wk end was an experiment and challenge for me .:p