PDA

View Full Version : 400ex wont start

Jgoad2
05-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Today I moved my quad out of my garage and it started up and i moved it about an hour later i was gonna load it up and go ride and it wouldn't start. It just kept cranking and cranking and no start. I checked the plug- good. I took the carb of thinking maybe something was stuck or gunked up it was good. Its gettin fuel. It started for a few seconds then it died and never started back up again. Any ideas?

Sparky_20
05-19-2007, 11:08 PM
has it been running fine before this? I would pull out your spark plug and make sure it just isnt fouled out. If it was only running for a short amount of time before you let it sit for an hour its possible that the engine was still cold and your just flooded. Good luck!

honda6490
05-20-2007, 10:32 AM
It may sound stupid but check your kill switch. Only reason I ask is because I did this yesterday and it literally took me like 10 minutes to figure that out, yes it was a dumbass move haha. Otherwise you might have flooded it, did you wait like a minute then try again?

Zach

Jgoad2
05-20-2007, 10:39 AM
thanks for the help guys, it wasn't the kill switch that was the 1st thing i checked when it wouldn't start (past experience also haha) Im gonna get a new plug and try that. And yes it was running fine before this.