PDA

View Full Version : Oil "spewing" HELP!!!

jtjpilot
05-19-2007, 02:57 PM
I need some help. Here's what happened:

Like an idiot that I can be I filled the tranny with twice the amount of oil that I should. I started it up and it all came spewing out of the top of the engine somewhere. I realized what I did so I drained all the tranny oil out and put in the right amount. The only problem now is that it is still spewing oil even though I have the right amount in there. Did I screw something up???? please help me!!!!!!!!

TRX450RACER174
05-19-2007, 03:28 PM
How much oil are we talking about ? we are talking about the trans right where is it spewing out of? there is a check hole when you fill it your suppose to let it drizzle out of and then replace the plug.

jtjpilot
05-19-2007, 03:31 PM
it's coming out of the top, I can't see where though because the gas tank and other plastics are in the way. It seems to be coming from around the carb or close to it. I drained it and and then put in the correct amount (according to the manual) and it's still coming out.

TRX450RACER174
05-19-2007, 03:36 PM
How much did you put in? and how long did you let it drain? the trans only holds 3/4 of a quart or so is it coming out of the trans breather? my guess is it's residual clean the area real good and moniter it.