PDA

View Full Version : DS-450 updates

250xridamatt
05-19-2007, 01:55 PM
They added more details to the site (http://www.can-amds450.com/). It looks like its going to be a sweet quad.

05-19-2007, 04:23 PM
looking like they spent alot of time on this quad. I would hate to have just bought a 450 and then see this thing come out

suzukigirl
05-19-2007, 05:33 PM
it just keeps getting cooler

A A R O N
05-19-2007, 06:06 PM
I still can't get past that frame being held together to the point that I can't work on one myself. :ermm:

Ralph
05-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by A A R O N
I still can't get past that frame being held together to the point that I can't work on one myself. :ermm:

Whats the difference. Where there would normaly be a weld there is now a different type of fastener. Both are just as permanent as the other...

You think you could work on a kfx450 frame? Have fun welding that frame...

F-16Guy
05-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by A A R O N
Ahh, it's good to be an aircraft mechanic!! I don't think I'll have any problems getting ahold of some new lock bolts!:blah: :D
That thing looks awesome so far; the front end is such a new take on the same old stuff that every quad uses. I hope the price isn't too outrageous, because the old 416ex might have to find a new home pretty soon. I know Jeremy Schell is on the video, but I'm pretty sure Josh Frederick (WORCS Pro, Schell's teammate) also did some testing with them at a "Top Secret" location in the Neveda desert. I rode around the track they used, and there was some pretty scary stuff that I wouldn't even think about hitting. If it made it through that stuff, it must be pretty stout.

A A R O N
05-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
Whats the difference. Where there would normaly be a weld there is now a different type of fastener. Both are just as permanent as the other...

You think you could work on a kfx450 frame? Have fun welding that frame...

Maybe I should have said that differently. I'm not concerned about working on the frame, but rather, working on anything else. As far as I can see, just to yank the motor you'd have to disassemble the frame partially (and who knows how hard that will be to do and to put back together). There are some very innovative ideas incorporated in this quad, I just think that it will be a p.i.t.a. to deal with. I guess that's the price you pay for something that performs better than whatever else is out there. Personally though, I'll stick with my steel frame for a little while.

troutman561
05-19-2007, 09:38 PM
But what if it is just as simple as removing a few bolts to get to the engine? Which it probably is, I doubt they would make it a PITA to deal with, im sure with all the time spent on this they didn't forget or neglect to make it simple..

my88r
05-19-2007, 11:46 PM
its starting to get my hopes up maybe i will buy one when they come out

ThePhantomRider
05-20-2007, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
Ahh, it's good to be an aircraft mechanic!! I don't think I'll have any problems getting ahold of some new lock bolts!:blah: :D
That thing looks awesome so far; the front end is such a new take on the same old stuff that every quad uses. I hope the price isn't too outrageous, because the old 416ex might have to find a new home pretty soon. I know Jeremy Schell is on the video, but I'm pretty sure Josh Frederick (WORCS Pro, Schell's teammate) also did some testing with them at a "Top Secret" location in the Neveda desert. I rode around the track they used, and there was some pretty scary stuff that I wouldn't even think about hitting. If it made it through that stuff, it must be pretty stout.

So as an expert in the field of non welded but mechanically bonded parts, would you say that this is a great way to fasten parts together?

Jeremy has been testing this thing for over a while and not one frame or suspension failure, that has been stated in the videos.

Jeremy is hard on equipment...he was hired to break stuff so they could make it better. When he couldn't break it, then it was ready.

Just last week he broke a fully race prepped and gussetted Honda 450r frame. He knows how to break Honda and Yamaha suspension and frames. THAT's how they made this stuff better.

TPR