PDA

View Full Version : Honda Motor Question

u_want_some
05-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Alright, I am in the process of rebuilding my 250R motor and have a question!! On the kickstart shaft that you have to push and turn clockwise to install....Does it have to lock in place so that you can't just pull it out? And if so, what am I doing wrong becasue I have been turning it clockwise and it's still feeling loose to me!! Thanks for your help

deathman53
05-19-2007, 03:29 PM
there should be a tab that you bolt to the case to hold the gear closest to the case to, then there is a big gear that sits near there and only has tension to put them together when the kicker is moved down. Do you have a manual????? It tells you exactly how to set it, I had to look it up in the manual the first time I did it too, it drove me nuts how the gear(small) didn't stay in place.

u_want_some
05-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Yes I have a manual and it says to install turn it clockwise...Well when I do that it still feels like it is loose. It does go into the hole completely but does not feel like it is secure. And yes there is a bracket that stops the spring from coming all the way back...It does not appear that that is going to hold the shaft still.

deathman53
05-19-2007, 03:48 PM
are you missing the c-clip that goes after the small kicker gear???

u_want_some
05-22-2007, 02:20 PM
The kicker gear and spring are all in place but it feels like if I just tug on the kick (outwards) that it would just pull completly out.