PDA

View Full Version : info on the FST 465 BB kit for the 400ex??

YZ400EX
05-19-2007, 10:07 AM
My cousin has a 400ex which he wants to make a little more power out of.. Looking into all the BB kits and the one that jumped out was the Four Stoke Tech 465 kit. The only porblem is their website doesnt have any info on this kit other than whats included and the cost of it.. It doesnt have compression specs or reccomendations of any kind.. Has anyone used this kit? Will HD studs be needed while installing? what about HD cam chain? What kind of power if this making?? If anyone has used or has any info on this please let me know.. FST is closed till the 29th so I cant talk to them about it..

K_Fulk
05-26-2007, 10:45 AM
I had a 465 , my setup was quite a bit different the FST's though.

I used stock studs that were helio coiled, And I used a HD cam chain.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

YZ400EX
05-26-2007, 11:21 AM
what kind of power did it produce?? was yours a stroker?? the one from FST is just a sleeve and piston.. nothing done to the crank.. let me know more info on yours..

K_Fulk
05-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Never had it dynoed, but I would say it would have been high 40's hp mid 30's for torque, it was much stronger then my full TC 426 motor.

It wasn't stroked, But I did have a carrilo rod and had the crank balanced.

I had a nicasiled aluminum sleeve, custom 92mm JE piston. Had the cases bored also. My sleeve was quite a bit thicker then the big bore cast iron sleeve sparks uses.

Not sure what your going to ue for a cam. I originally had the smallest web cam in it. and it pulled like a tractor. Then switched to a megacycle x2 cam, still had a ton of torque but it seemed to rev quicker and had more top end power with the megacycle.