PDA

View Full Version : Why????

marksuttonjr
10-16-2002, 08:10 AM
Why do so many people shave the front fendes off on their sport quads? I just want to know because I'm looking to buy something new, and a lot of people have cut the fenders off and I don't like the way that makes the quad look.

Pappy
10-16-2002, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by marksuttonjr
Why do so many people shave the front fendes off on their sport quads? I just want to know because I'm looking to buy something new, and a lot of people have cut the fenders off and I don't like the way that makes the quad look.

its mainly for looks and lets you have a better look at the front tirs etc.( they aint the best for trails etc but i did like being able to track the front end ...rocks ..ruts etc)

aerodynamics in flight has been discussed also....and i do belive shaved fenders help when jumping large jumps. i noticed it seemed to fly a lil better. .......JMO

96300ex
10-16-2002, 08:23 AM
I didn't do it, but i do like the look... it makes the quad look and feel faster. also, if you have extended a-arms your quad looks dorky with the tires sticking out past the fenders. makes them easier to work on in my opinion (like greasing all those squeaky bushings up front)

i plan on getting maer race cut plastic for the summer, and putting my stock stuff back on in the winter (for the little bit a protection those fenders give) because i can't bear to cut my stock stuff, it's just too nice...

10-16-2002, 10:43 AM
Cuttin off yer fenders is mainly for MX racing only. Reason being,,if you don't cut them off and your front fenders get mud caked on the inside of them...after a few more big jumps,,there gonna break off..so basically cutting them off will save you from buyin new front fenders every other race..

phatswinn
10-16-2002, 10:47 AM
it makes quads look beautiful

YLW400
10-16-2002, 10:48 AM
The very first day I took my EX to a track, I had mud caked under the front fenders and hit a decent size double, every one of those little tabs that connect the gas tank cover to the black covers were snapped off. It looks alot better anyway. Plus, are you really trying to stay clean when you are riding??:huh

loganB
10-16-2002, 12:21 PM
I shaved my fenders becase there was a crak in them.

DarkStarRacing
10-16-2002, 12:43 PM
imo theres a few reasons...

1 - they break off while doing big jumps
2 - reverse - using your front foot to kick the front tire backwards
3 - looks good
4 - to see the front tires