PDA

View Full Version : TRX90 Duner

Bronko Boy
05-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Hello all-

I am hoping to pry a bit of smart's from anyone who really knows their stuff. I have been doing this a while, but every so often a little help is nice.

I built 2 Raptor 80's for my 2 youngest kids, and they were great!
I just recently made the decision(after seeing the aftermarket support for Honda and the suspension options) to switch to TRX 90's. I Just sold my two 80's and bought 2 TRX 90's. I am looking to build these into Dune quads. Wide is good to a point. I dont need them necesarily low. I would like to look at options for Power, Suspension, travel etc.

I am just new to Honda, Ive always been a Yamaha guy.

Any and all hints on which direction to look would be great!

I do have one question right off........

I put brand new paddles on the little TRX and we went sand riding. The 18 npaddles got stuck due to rutting out and clearaance. I removed the skid plate and that certainly helped, but my question is Will the stock 90's turn a 20" tire? Say 6 paddle????

Anyone know????

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I am trying to find a manual that covers 2007 TRX 90.

wvspeedfreak
05-19-2007, 06:13 AM
Well first off I'd like to say you made a good move going to the trx90.Nothing against Yamaha but the Honda has alot more potential.Talk to RobbsRacing.He is the trx90 guru and will be able to give you any advice you are looking for about them.

jmccary
05-28-2007, 10:28 PM
My son has 18" six paddle skat traks on his 90 and doesn't seem to have any problems with them. The motor turns them over very well and if he gets stuck it's because he's still learning a few things about riding in the sand. He weighs about 65 lbs and he can spin them through turns in 2nd and 3rd gear easily.

Bronko Boy
05-31-2007, 02:24 PM
I plan on giving Robb a call, it turns out that he built my buddy's Kasea motor for him.

And as far as the paddles...........
We just came back from Winchester Bay, OR for Memorial day.
One of the 90's had the 18" 6 paddle gliders and the other had the stock nobbies. The nobbies FAR out did the paddles in the dry sand. I wanted to make sure it was tires and not rider, so I had my son and daughter switch bikes and again the nobbies ruled. My guess is that you have to be able to keep the bike in the "r"'s to really utilize the paddles. I don't however know if the bike is capable to keep it spinning fast enough and my kids are not riding correctly or if the bike just does not have the ba11's and that is a problem for Robb to fix. Either way untill I figure out how to fix the issue, 20's won't go any better than 18's!

Thanks Guy's for the input.