PDA

View Full Version : TO good to be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

450#3
05-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Does any body remember the last quad that had this much hype before we have even seen the specs on it? They tried this with the predator and man that was a big let down every body that bought one was an idiot and if you dont think so you are a bigger idiot than i thought(sorry)!I will try to get back to my point Then the can-dale was like this too and we all know how that turned out.brp should take a page from honda and suzuki and just suprise us so we dont get the BIG let down.Like this dooms day 450 quad my *****.The biggest problem i think it will have is frame twist and just craking and falling apart What welding ads too much weight come on.

I just wanted to get this out so i could laff my butt off when there are massive recalls and every body is like what did i buy?

BRP needs to try again on the ds 650 and once they master that then bring out the 450!

troutman561
05-18-2007, 09:01 PM
The fact you spelled laugh as "laff" among other things leaves everyone to dismiss your post as it is full of crap and has no validity, take your BS elsewhere.

KB Motorsports
05-18-2007, 09:27 PM
I *think* BRP is on track..
All we can do is wait and see.

I have a ds650 baja as a spare bike and that thing is super nice! I hope to get my hands on a ds450...

yfz stealer
05-18-2007, 11:45 PM
this thing is going to be crazy the welding of the frame is just for weight issus but because it gets really weak when welded

ThePhantomRider
05-19-2007, 03:05 AM
Man what a misinformed tool...

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/5/13805003390.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5485104)

TPR

yamadjs08
05-19-2007, 10:44 AM
One thing that I have noticed out of the whole thing, is the number of negative responses about this new quad, or any new 450 it seems. Kinda similar to when the KFX450r was first coming out. Has to be something wrong with it, no way it can do this or that, man that things ugly, and many more. Like what is on the market is the best that can be done and there is no way something could be done better... Please... :rolleyes:

It's like people are scared that there could be a machine coming out that might totally dominate what they own now. :o

xwarriorx
05-19-2007, 10:49 AM
i think there definently doing some cool new things and interesting awsome new ideas that just might be used in the future. maybe they wont get it all 100% right but this technology with light weight products will probably be refined and used industry wide in the future. oh and welding they said also ruines the integrety of the aluminum not just weight. i love new quads weather im looking to but them or not. how can you down the industry growing and moving forward. Big picture kid big picture.

TWILES
05-19-2007, 01:21 PM
What gets me is that they "say" they put all this time into developing a NEW high-performance sport ATV when none still really haven't out-done the old 250R. The YFZ is about the closest and its lacking here and there + it costs so much to get the 450 motors up to 2-stroke power and performance that the "fun" is not there for us who grew up on R's, Banshee's and Quadracers. Take the Yamaha for example, it had the power, handling, suspension, cheaper than the rest to build and the oiler wasn't good enough....WTF? Its the only one that can have a set of a-arms, axle, shocks,(frame)...piston, cam-mod, pipe, clamp-on filter and you got a fast, safe, MX ready bike UNTILL it blew up because it wasn't getting enough oil in the right place. So in other words, the reason I ***** is because I learned to ride and race in a different time that ended about 4 years ago and they just haven't put anything out that really replaces what I had. They are close but the so far away and then agian dead-on IF you wanted to spend $20,000 in one year building and maintaining the bike. I have the idea that if it isn't broke you don't fix it and the ATVA races were kicken pre-production 450 and they have done nothing but go down hill since. I think the economy and gas prices have a lot to do with that (atleast it does with me) but still. I'm looking forward to the 2008 models coming out in 3 months. I have a wr450 to sell and I'm back in the market. I'll probably go back to old faithfull...Yamaha unless Honda does something amazing or I can get a Green or Yellow one cheaper.

One_Bad_400
05-19-2007, 02:30 PM
i hate to say this but a section of our sport is turning into the people of the dirt bike sport... always griping and B*t*hing about EVERYTHING!!!!

and for all you people out there that say Can-Am / BRP sucks and dont know what tehre doing... i'd love to see you try to put all your tecnology into a machine and see what you come up with.. thats #1... #2 is BRP is one of the best brands out there... there a little new to the F-wheel scene but dang look at there snow-mobiles and sea-doos... not some of the best stuff out there... they are the best stuff out there... so quit cha b*t*hin' and shut up

Sjorge450R
05-19-2007, 03:26 PM
yea i have no idea what you are talking about. I am already hooked on this quad and I CANT wait for the June 2nd debute. I am really interested to see how this will be. I know Chris Borich will be on one once its released because he has a deal with Can Am for the Utility quad thing on ESPN. I have considered getting rid of my R for this quad. I wont do that until i see it proven tho.

Screven_Rida
05-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
i hate to say this but a section of our sport is turning into the people of the dirt bike sport... always griping and B*t*hing about EVERYTHING!!!!

and for all you people out there that say Can-Am / BRP sucks and dont know what tehre doing... i'd love to see you try to put all your tecnology into a machine and see what you come up with.. thats #1... #2 is BRP is one of the best brands out there... there a little new to the F-wheel scene but dang look at there snow-mobiles and sea-doos... not some of the best stuff out there... they are the best stuff out there... so quit cha b*t*hin' and shut up

I agree BRP-CanAm is not crap they have some of the best designers out there. IMO though they are using TOO MUCH aluminum.

450#3
05-19-2007, 03:44 PM
I never said it was crap i just said they need to work on other models before they start a new one.
The ds 650 isn't bad it just needs to lose some weight and not be so tall.

Being a welder my self I dont think welding adds that much weight and if you weld something the way it should it wont crack.I just hope they use titanium bolts cause I could destroy that frame in one day at the track if it has steel bolts.

rebelbanshee
05-19-2007, 06:42 PM
welded joints on aluminum adds weight because you have to re-enforce the frame in the welded area. Aluminum loses alot of stregth when welded no matter what you do. Not sure how you can tell steel bolts wont be strong enough. seeing as every Atv made uses steel bolts with no problems im not sure how this will be different.

The reason modern quads cant top the old 250r in handling is because of a complete lack of inovation and creativity. Can am brings this to the table. I hope it shreds the jap bikes.

yamadjs08
05-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by 450#3
I never said it was crap
Ok so you never said directly that it was crap... But you pretty much gave the impression that you think its going to be crap...

450#3
05-19-2007, 09:34 PM
I think you are giving to much credit to the 250r I own a 250r (1987) and it took alote of mods to make it good.They dont have an easy power band to ride and just fatigue the rider.
The new 450's are easy and safer to ride and the power is on all the time.

The honda and suzuki 450r's are the best all around and nothing even comes close.

Real men ride for strokes!

I just like 2-strokes because it takes 20-minutes to rebuild.

I am just not impressed with the design because the frame will be a thing that you will have to ask your-self before you ride.(Are all the bolts tight on the frame and will one fall out)?

Atv's vibrate bolts fall off!

troutman561
05-19-2007, 09:47 PM
I guess the bolt design is fine for planes but on an atv they will not work, I doubt this. Sir, you have no idea what your talking about, and you spelled four wrong, which once again, tells us your posts are written with a low level of intelligence.

250Renvy
05-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Yeah, !!!!

The only thing they need to do to make this the baddest quad on the planet is add an 2-tek 2stroke motor. That would turn the industry on it's head.

Imagine a quad that is lighter, faster and more powerful than anything on the market and anybody who races one consistently wins. Everybody would have to switch over to Can-am and the competition would have to step up.

I was never a fan of the new four-strokes and the stories of really expensive blown motors but this is an exciting time in the ATV industry. There is some real innovation and competition. Maybe now all the quads will change every year and get better just like the bikes did for so long. No more introducing a quad and selling the same thing with bold new graphics and a different color of plastic every year.

Yeah!!!!

If you think about it for racing or even just sport quads there was the banshee, blaster, warrior and 300ex for
7 years, then the 400ex was added and that's all there was for another 5 years.

NOW there are all those plus YFZ, LTR, 450R, KFX, DS450 and soon KTM.
It's exciting.

my88r
05-20-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
Yeah, !!!!

The only thing they need to do to make this the baddest quad on the planet is add an 2-tek 2stroke motor. That would turn the industry on it's head.

Imagine a quad that is lighter, faster and more powerful than anything on the market and anybody who races one consistently wins. Everybody would have to switch over to Can-am and the competition would have to step up.

I was never a fan of the new four-strokes and the stories of really expensive blown motors but this is an exciting time in the ATV industry. There is some real innovation and competition. Maybe now all the quads will change every year and get better just like the bikes did for so long. No more introducing a quad and selling the same thing with bold new graphics and a different color of plastic every year.

Yeah!!!!

If you think about it for racing or even just sport quads there was the banshee, blaster, warrior and 300ex for
7 years, then the 400ex was added and that's all there was for another 5 years.

NOW there are all those plus YFZ, LTR, 450R, KFX, DS450 and soon KTM.
It's exciting.

it is exciting to see that

ThePhantomRider
05-20-2007, 05:04 AM
Time will prove that it will be a darn long time and a lot of abuse to see anything negative happen with this frame.

Now I'm sure someone will hit a big *** rock or tree and say somthing happened to the frame, but have their story be they hit a bush, that's with all the quads.

I have even discussed this design of fastening with my father in law who builds and maintains Indy Cars for a living. He said that this is a excellent idea and if it is capable of keeping an aircraft together when traveling 700 MPH through turbulance, then Joe Dirt will have a hard time doing frame damage.

TPR

ThePhantomRider
05-20-2007, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400

Nail head+hammer=above post.

TPR

culichi
05-20-2007, 02:10 PM
I never said it was crap i just said they need to work on other models before they start a new one.
The ds 650 isn't bad it just needs to lose some weight and not be so tall.

Being a welder my self I dont think welding adds that much weight and if you weld something the way it should it wont crack.I just hope they use titanium bolts cause I could destroy that frame in one day at the track if it has steel bolts.

well if you are a welder, you can weld the frame and tell us how you did ok?

Ruby Soho
05-20-2007, 06:45 PM
i dont know why people are being negative abotu a new quad. the quad isnt going to be bad. its going to be somehting new, be happy. i cant wait to see what it looks like, learn about it and so on. quit putting things down

First Outlander
05-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
i dont know why people are being negative abotu a new quad. the quad isnt going to be bad. its going to be somehting new, be happy. i cant wait to see what it looks like, learn about it and so on. quit putting things down

The truth of the matter is if this 450 is as great as it appears to be then it makes their quads obsolete.

450#3
05-22-2007, 07:12 PM
I didnt think That many people are weak Because you wouldnt attack me in person So dont do it behined my back or over the net!
I just saw the suspension and a-arms And that is a good design All well thought out but You will want to get a- arm guards on that thing.

I didnt attack any one Dont attack me!

I have a higher education than 90 percent on this site(most are still in high school) and it dosent matter if its spelled (wright) you can still read it.I didnt think i was back in college! smart ***!:D

Ohtu02
05-22-2007, 07:57 PM
For those folks who talk about what the bolts will be made of...it tells you in the video on the Can Am website! The bolts are made of aluminum and aren't like a normal bolt, they don't come apart. After years in the Air Force I've used many different versions of this bolt and as long as they do it correctly, which I'm sure they will, the "bolts" will never come out! It's more of a clamp, than a bolt. In addition, the frame geometry is similar to certain high tech cock pits which are unbelievably strong. My only concern is how the heck the engine goes in and out of that thing...looks real tight to me. It will be fun to see. Peace! www.ATVskills.com

Screven_Rida
05-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Well when the Kawi 450 came out it was supposed to be the best thing ever and IMHO it sucks. So maye this has a reverse affect and all of this hating on the new Can-Am will make it even better when they release it.:D

rpyfz450
05-23-2007, 02:47 PM
I just hope they use titanium bolts cause I could destroy that frame in one day at the track if it has steel bolts.

They said the lock bolts are made of aluminum and are less than half the weight of their steel counterparts.

ThePhantomRider
05-24-2007, 01:21 AM

Sorry, you have been so wrong about this subject it's staggering. If you have the intelligence and engineering background that is better than most here it's a shame no big name manufacturer has hired you.

You're just mad because you now own yesterday's news. And news isn't good.

TPR

TPR

450#3
05-28-2007, 04:03 PM
They just made the most stupid design a hollow axle and ext. hubs. When you remove mass you lose strength(just like a cheetah its bones are very thin and light wich makes it fast but is not powerfull like a lion). This thing will be good for flat track mabey!

IF you extend the hubs they loose there strength just like a twig you can snap it when it's long but as it gets smaller it is harder to brake.

I told my fellow welders and welders union about that if you weld alluminum it becomes weak.They laughed for about 10 minutes and after we got off the floor, we looked at the aluminum frames that we welded and just lost it.It is up on the bulletin board with rest off the pooh we come across.

When you drill holes in aluminum it weakens it or if you weld it so long you melt it.Mabey they tried welding aluminum with a mig thats why they cant get it to work.
If you have ever raced you know people run into or get hung up, what if you catch a tree or someone with a solid axle slides into you what will happen?
Nice stock tires,at least they did something correct!

250Renvy
05-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Hey 450# 3 why do you even care? Stop commenting here since you are obviously just a flamer. It makes it really easy to be an a-hole when you're sitting behind a computer screen.

Everybody else, don't even respond to his stupid comments. He probably isn't even a welder and lives in a van down by the river.

I mean I don't know either way but I'm sure a company that has been in business for 50+ years and builds aircraft and trains as well as snowmobiles and boats/PWC has the money for some good R&D and whatever they say is not just made up, but comes from testing and development.

Ohtu02
05-28-2007, 07:19 PM
This guy must work for a competing company...hollow axles and extended hubs have been around for a while (Durablue etc), just never been put on as oem. This quad is looking good so far. Can't wait to see the final reveal...!

ThePhantomRider
05-28-2007, 09:06 PM
450#3 has been on the receiving end of one too many donkey punches....

I'm guessing his welding buddies are all in high school shop class...

TPR

strubby
05-29-2007, 10:09 AM
For all the people bashing everyone excited about, and looking forward to this quad; how can you diss something that isn't out yet, or even out in the open? Just like the people who "know" it'll be the best, you don't. I'm with the group excited to see what it offers, all the specs and just what good stuff BRP has come up with. It's a good thing new bikes are coming out, no matter who you are, even if you're a die-hard fan of another make. If these new bikes prove better than yours, so? That means your manufacter is just going to up their own game and come up with an improved model. I'm stoked.

ThePhantomRider
05-29-2007, 10:47 AM
Like someone said before, those who bash generally have somthing that has suddenly become outdated, and not by a little...

Will it be the greatest?? That's somthing time, racing and general hard riding will show, but for now our future looks mucho brighter.

You also have the camp that says if you add wider arms and axle, you'll lose the weight savings....what they don't say is you lose them as well with the others, but still retain the weight savings on the frame.

Sorry but for a majority of people, stock is all that is run, look at Auto Trader, tell me how many newer quads for sale actually have more than just a pipe, filter and jet or efi??? Most suspension upgrades had been relagated to shocks, arms and axles make up a small percentage, and with the newer quads, fewer and fewer pro's even bother to change out the swingarm since the stockers are lighter and strong enough to handle the abuse.

TPR

OutlawBill
05-29-2007, 11:08 AM
I just think 450#3 is upset because his modified 450 is going to get smoked by a stock DS450

strubby
05-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Yeah, I waited until the KFX came out to buy a 450, still went with the LTR and I'm not complaining now that another one is coming out. Cool, when I retire my LTR, the DS will either be tried and true, or tried and broken. Nonetheless, I'll be able to make an educated decision. I'm cool with the LTR 'til that time comes. I'm pretty optimistic about the DS though.

ThePhantomRider
05-30-2007, 08:12 AM
A very level headed comment. Another person that gets the whole situation, and is better for it since now he get's his LTR with the bugs worked out of it.

TPR

strubby
05-30-2007, 03:49 PM
Ha, thanks. Yeah, good bike and good price. I'm satisfied. It's always fun going down to the dealership to check out new bikes though. I'm excited I don't care if anyone else is, ha.

450#3
05-31-2007, 06:58 PM
My quad is not out dated or would a stock quad beat it.
I Am not trying to say that it will be the worst quad.It is just that they are making critical errors from a enginering point of view like no welds,hollow axle.I hope it has a good efi system and the stock tires are impressive.

I am looking foward to it's release But am not worried My quad is very powerfull and handles great!

I have not been in highschool or even college in years.I work for a small company that builds automated machinery and (alumminum frames) so i think i know a little about welding 6061.
This is my finall word and I am sorry if anyone was Scared by my views.

Donkey punches? try to come up with something better assbelonker!

440exnacsracer
05-31-2007, 07:13 PM
just that they are making critical errors from a enginering point of view
though i am unsure of the fact of whether you are an enginneer or not, i will say that building machinery and building atv frames requires alot of different attributes. BRP employs some of the best enginneers in the world, and is also known for having an extremely well structured enginneering department. As far as innovation goes, I would say they are second to none. While Honda (and the other top 4 for that matter) is relying on technology and chassis' of the late 80's, BRP is stepping out on a limb. Though I am loyal to Honda, I fully support BRP in their actions, as this attention and devotion is the only way we will continue to see our beloved sport grow.

Fred55
05-31-2007, 07:14 PM
No offense...but I really doubt that any critical errors from an egineering point of view have been made. Can you prove to me that applying heat does or does not weaken aluminum and thus requires it to be reinforced? Have you ever tested a frame with no welds? Im sure Cam Am tested with and without welds and I'm willing to bet that they chose no welds for a very good reason. Also what is the problem with a hollow axle? The middle material does not affect the strength. In fact Durablue's X-33 axle is hollow and is a very strong design. I have no doubt that the axle on the DS450 will hold up.

440exnacsracer
05-31-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Fred55
Can you prove to me that applying heat does or does not weaken aluminum

we conducted a study at school, and concluded that heat does weaken aluminum, in fact, anodized aluminum is actually weaker than bare aluminum due to the heat it is exposed to.

rebelbanshee
05-31-2007, 07:28 PM
the center 20% of a shaft does very little for strength. Either you and your union are gods of welding or you are mistaken. most of humanity cannot weld aluminum without the joint being weaker than the base metal was. The heat anneals it.

450#3
05-31-2007, 10:28 PM
Anodizing aluminum is to keep it looking new and wears better than just aluminum.

No i am not an engineer but we have tested aluminum frames for years and welding them is the most cost and time effective way to make them.Are frames hold thousands of pounds welded but when we used bolts the holes drilled for the bolts created stress fractures(cracks) and if you are jumping atvs at high speeds at great heights the chance of cracks in the frame is too high to risk.The key to welding aluminum(6061) is that it melts at a very low temp so you must be using the correct type of welder tig and mig are out off the question they will just melt it and weaken it.The key is to let the aluminum cool off slowly so it becomes stronger not harder as if you were to cool it down quicky by adding water as to sand(you should know this if you really did do the study at school .Remember steel is heavy but it wont twist like 6061 and sure is heck wont roll!

The new atvs dont have the same design the old atvs do The new frames rake up at the front to creat better turning.I think the big four know what they are doing and sadly no american company will beat them they will follow the path of the other american motorcycle makers have BANKRUPT!

Fred55
05-31-2007, 11:32 PM
Im going to say that the Cam-Am engineering department knows a little more about how to make a frame and make it last better than you do. I dont care if you weld frames for a living..your not the one designing them. The type of bolts used in this frame are the same as used in the aerospace industry, something Cam-Am's parent company, Bombardier, knows a little about see that they make large commercial planes. By the way, your aurgument will be a little more convincing if you spell correctly and use the correct words. If you cant write completely, if doesnt make you out to be too crediable of a source.

bsmith106
06-01-2007, 04:26 AM
450#3 You stated that tig and mig welding wont work when welding aluminum. What welding process do you use?

ThePhantomRider
06-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Look, the final result will be in a year when racers and weekend bashers get thier hands on this thing.

Even if I give 450#3 his due and he is a master welder of aluminum, the bottom line is up to this point, every street bike, dirt bike and quad that has used alloy frames have required them to use extra gussets, or massive spar designs to create the durability required for the purpose intended. Add to that after the frames are assembled the aluminum needs to be treated to make them more durable, a process not needed with the Can-Am frame.

In speaking with my father in law, who has been an engineer in the Indy, NHRA, IMSA, SCCA and NASCAR racing industry for 40 years, I showed him the frame online. He said it was about time someone figured out that welding an alloy chassis was old tech and that this setup should hold together with great results. Not to mention the pyramidal shape also directs the forces to the areas designed to take the load...everything working together.

Hey, in a year 450#3 could be jumping up and down saying..."I told ya" but I seriously doubt that a company so well versed in aerospace, locomotive, marine, snow and atv design would spend all this time and money only to release somthing adequate and lacking durability. Most here just think you're missing the mark and while pride for one's craft is good, ignorance to the reality if the procession of time and technology will leave you behind.

I'm also guessing that putting together a Can-Am frame likely takes less time than welding and treating the competition's frames. Less time=Cost Savings....

TPR

250Renvy
06-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Don't forget that they started designing this in 2001 so it's had 6 years of designing and testing.

Only time will tell.

Quad18star
06-01-2007, 12:34 PM
If this type of technology ( no welding) wasn't the best out there , do you think they'd be using it in thousands of planes that carry millions of epoeple each and every day ?? Realistically , think about it .

I'm sorry to say it , but I would take the word of an Engineer that came up with this design for planes and says that this is good technology , over the word of an expert aluminum welder that says welding aluminum is stronger .

Turbulance at 40 000 feet while going 800 MPH is a lot worse than an ATV comming down 30 feet at 50 mph .

ThePhantomRider
06-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
If this type of technology ( no welding) wasn't the best out there , do you think they'd be using it in thousands of planes that carry millions of epoeple each and every day ?? Realistically , think about it .

I'm sorry to say it , but I would take the word of an Engineer that came up with this design for planes and says that this is good technology , over the word of an expert aluminum welder that says welding aluminum is stronger .

Turbulance at 40 000 feet while going 800 MPH is a lot worse than an ATV comming down 30 feet at 50 mph .

Why are you using common sense??? Don't you know that 450#3 is the best welder of alloys on the planet??? That's why he's not working for Can-Am, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki or Suzuki....heck he isn't even working for Dinli for god sakes.....HOW COME NO MAJOR MANUFACTURER THAT USES ALUMINUM FRAMES HAS HIRED THIS PICASSO OF THE ALLOY MATERIALS?????

He's probably sooooo good they can't afford his talents.

Someone posted a great reply to the frame thread, I'll bring it over here....

TPR

ThePhantomRider
06-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by velocityatv...

Bolting instead of welding is great idea!!

Frame strength is based on how much the metal can flex, and still return to it's original shape. Trust me, when a rider comes up short on a double and cases it, you can bet your boots that your frame is flexing.

Metal has what some call "memory." Metal, depending on how it's forged, can flex and return to it's original shape. Applying heat to metal can reduce or change the overall "memory."

The problem with frame building, until now, was that when you placed two sections together you used a weld. Welding applies heat to an area so that the two pieces of metal can be permanantly joined. The "problem" with welding is that the weld is now stronger than the metal you've fused together. That is why geometry is so important in frame building. Putting unwanted stress in an area can cause fatigue and failure (cracking).

Bolting the frame together can help remove that stress. With no heat applied the metal can retain it's "memory" and flex. In a perfect design you'd want, to some degree, any impact taken by the frame to be evenly distributed to ALL points of the frame. This relaxes high stress points that you would see commonly break.

I work for a Freightliner truck dealer. The class 8 semi trucks running down the road now a days have been using these Huck style bolts for years. Believe me, if the trucking and aviation industry use these, there is a reason. A broke down truck is not making any money.

I think this DS450 has a great design. Like someone posted earlier. Great job "thinking outside the box." The bolt-in sides are a great design. Where they are placed is not going to be in the way of any major components that you'd replace very rapidly anyhow. It looks to pass right next to cylinder. And with fuel injection there is no need to have your hands in there adjusting a carb.

And that's not even mentioning that the side rails are removable with regular tools for access to the motor.

TPR

mrshoer
06-11-2007, 05:22 PM
WTF ! Why don't you idiots argue over something worth while. Like why the color blue is better than red ? Or why Fords are built tough and Chevy's are solid like a rock. For the effort that you put into this worthless thread you could have turned Iraq and Iran into a subtle, loving country ! And another thing, . . . You are completly stupid if you have read every post in this tread .

440exnacsracer
06-11-2007, 10:55 PM
ahhh, finally, a genius has joined in. what say the next topic be boys?

mrshoer, that was the whole point of this thread. if you dont like it, dont waste your time trying to stop it. heck, i dont know why i wasting my time responding to your post, i guess it confirms your alligations of me being "completely stupid"

bradley300
06-12-2007, 07:42 AM

The new atvs dont have the same design the old atvs do The new frames rake up at the front to creat better turning.I think the big four know what they are doing and sadly no american company will beat them they will follow the path of the other american motorcycle makers have BANKRUPT!

you mean just like the 86 and newer 250r and 87 and newer 250x/300ex? and a 400ex is nearly a carbon copy 250r frame, and a 450r frame is also very similar.

and can-am is a canadian company, and polaris seems to be in fine finacial shape

bwamos
06-12-2007, 10:58 AM
but when we used bolts the holes drilled for the bolts created stress fractures(cracks) and if you are jumping atvs at high speeds at great heights the chance of cracks in the frame is too high to risk.

You are comparing apples to oranges. These aren't your standard bolts. Your standard bolted connection have 1/16 to 1/8" of clearance around the bolt (depending on the size of the bolt). These bolts are stretched and released so that there is a mechanical binding of the materials. AKA.. there is a negative clearance (mechanical bonding at the molecular level). It is a very strong design.