PDA

View Full Version : Fullflight A-arms, tie rods to long?

abnfister
05-18-2007, 08:08 PM
I just got my Full Flight +2 A arms in and was dialing them in. I have the camber and caster set. However, my wheels are toed out on both sides and I have ran out of adjustment on my tie rod ends. I am thinking my tie rods are to long.

Has anyone had this problem? I am thinking about chucking them up in the lathe and taking a little off the ends of both tie rods. Does anyone have a good measurement of any other aftermarket +2 tie rods?

motohed
05-18-2007, 08:47 PM
question ? you said that you adjusted your tie rods and your wheels or still toed out correct ,if thats the case then they are accually to short . i would believe

abnfister
05-19-2007, 03:09 AM
I have the tie rods screwed all the way in.

katch26
05-19-2007, 07:17 AM
yeah if theyre toed out than your rods too short.....if it was too long theyd be toed in

you are talking about what the wheels looks like from the front right?
/front\ = toe in
\front/ = toe out

abnfister
05-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah, my tires are toed in and my tie rod ends are screwed all the way in. I just compared the oem tie rods to the Fullflight ones that are on it and they are well over a 1-1/2" longer.

I am gonna chuck the tie rods up and take about 3/8" off both ends. That away I can adjust my toe in / out and still have a little to play with.

SVTPete
05-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Dude i hate to rain on your parade but FF a arms really arent good. After having huge fitment issues and than having my a arm hit the shock when in the air i sold mine for 50 bucks. I now have raths and have no issues whatso ever. I would recommend not using those at all. THe fitment issues I had were just the beginings of my problems. If you decide to keep them good luck.