PDA

View Full Version : Rear lowering kit

Dustybear300ex
10-16-2002, 05:14 AM
hey i was thinking if i should get a rear lowering kit for my 300ex. they aren't much money but i hear stories about how they aren't good for jumping. I don't understnd this because all that you are doing is moving the shock mount location on the swingarm to a different place. You don't even lose travel. If this is all wrong, is the lowering kit even worth it in the first place, it says it lowers the center of gravity but it seems like an inch or two wont make a difference.

10-16-2002, 08:27 AM
lowering kits are only good for flat track or TT racing..period and no you don't want them to jump with and yes the small amount that it lowers the quad does help..:cool:

DEAL
10-16-2002, 09:00 AM
pipe into caliper
-enough said.

oynot400
10-16-2002, 10:04 AM
I have heard of guys using them on a mx track, but I don't see how they can hold up. :confused:

Dustybear300ex
10-16-2002, 01:17 PM
point made. Thanks for the replies.

mxracer111
10-16-2002, 02:29 PM
i have ran one for the last 2 years on my 400ex racing moto x. it has worked fine. i just use it to keep the back a little lower than it would be with the stock linkage there. i have axis shocks. i had to modify the airbox some to give some more room and i put a small spacer between the silencer and the frame to keep the exhasut from hitting. now i have a lower center of gravity than most of the others on the track and can take corners harder and faster. every little bit helps