PDA

View Full Version : Bought a 2007 Grizzly 660 today

c0m3d1an
05-18-2007, 05:55 PM
I had a hard time deciding between the Honda trx 450R or the Grizzly 660. I know, I know, two completely different animals. I used to ride an 86 ATC 250R so I was more inclined to get the TRX until I heard all of the maintenace that is involved in the new high performance four strokes. It might only be rumors, I dont know, but I just didnt want to deal with a lot of issues with the quad other than routine maintenace. I still love the TRX and will probly get one some day, but I am so glad I bought this Grizzly. It is a beast!
I only got to drive it around the yard this afternoon but it was a blast. The brakes work great and the controls are placed perfect.
I cant wait until the break in period is over and I can really use the power.
If you are having a hard time deciding between quads like I was,
and you are thinking 4x4, get the Grizzly, you will not be disapointed.

Gray33
05-18-2007, 06:11 PM
hey man my grandpa has a 2006 grizzly 660 dark green and it is sweet it wont let you down in the mud...My grandpa is in his mid 60's and he still atv's. When,ever the small chacne i get to ride it i test it to its limit in the mud. But hey man i want a 450-r bad so how much did this grizzly cost you 8 grand?

c0m3d1an
05-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Hi All, I got it for $6900 out the door.
All the other dealers I went to were charging $7199 msrp, + $399 to $499 for dock fees, $199 + for pre fees and some other stupid fee for who knows what, + sales tax.
The place I got it from does not charge any dock or prep fees, only sales tax.
The sales guy asked me what I wanted to pay for it and I told him $6900 out the door. He called right back and said ok. So basically I paid $6448.60 for the grizzly 660 and paid $451.40 in sales tax.
I checked with a local dealer and he wanted $7800 out the door. I laughed and said have a nice day.
Up my way the TRX 450R goes for $7100 to $7500 out the door. The TRX fits me perfect and is a sick machine, but I am getting older and it really is not my style anymore.
I cant wait for the mud and trails.
I will post some more pics soon.

Have a great weekend everyone.

TOPDAWG
05-20-2007, 07:29 PM
How come ya didn't get the 700 for a few hundred more?

c0m3d1an
05-21-2007, 12:51 PM
I thought and asked about the Grizzly 700 but sales guys from two different dealers said that they heard mixed reviews about the new power steering. They would not say what it was other then it was not cooked yet.
I have only heard great things about the new power steering so who knows.
It also would have bumpped my payments up more that I could afford.
I did take the grizz for a nice ride yesterday on the trails which were a mixed bag of rocks, uphills, downhills, mud, ect and it rode through all of it like I was on flat ground. The suspension is amazing on this bike.
On the open field I was going about 8 to 10 mph and I nailed the throttle about 1/2 or less and the acceleration was very strong. It actually pulled me back in the seat.
I kid you not it was as strong as my old ATC 250r in say 3rd gear powerband. For a 4x4 this bike has a lot of torque.
I am so glad I got it.
I did some mud bogs that were about 50 or more feet long, nothing very deep but still soupy and it went through it in 2 wheel drive like nothing. I didnt even need 4x4.
So far I am very impressed.
I can only imagine how powerful the 700 is.

Have a good day all.

TOPDAWG
05-26-2007, 05:57 AM
I can't see a few hundred more making a huge jump in payment. your dealer wanted to off the 660 and did. Nonetheless, it's a good machine and I'm sure you'll like it a lot.

Quad18star
05-27-2007, 07:25 PM
You're going to love the 660 .

The 700 feels nice and comfortable , but I'll give it a couple more years before upgrading .... the 660 is a proven winner and that's all that matters.

I will tell you this though because it will happen to you . With the 660 , if you play in the mud , make sure to clean your rad VERY good or you will overheat . The Grizzly is known to overheat very easily ( mine does it all the time) . The rad may look clean , but it will be packed with dirt ( if you play in the swamps) and the side covers don't allow very much air to access the motor so it heats up.

Other than that , you're going to love the Grizzly ... no other major problems to report.

Oh ya ... I forgot to mention ... be prepared to be the first to cross mudholes . It seems when you're riding , they always send the guys with the Grizzlys through the mudholes first . I guess they know that if a Grizz can't do it , there's no chance in hell that any of the others can !!!:devil:

c6kevin
05-28-2007, 07:37 AM
Which dealership did you go through? That's a nice price. I wonder what kind of deal I could get for a 350 IRS?

c0m3d1an
06-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi Guys, Yeah, I love this Bike. It is so powerful.
I went to some very technical riding trails recently, huge rocks, hills, some water/mud, washouts, ect.
The Grizzly handled it like a champ. I hit a main road and hit 50mph for the first time. I had a lot more throttle but I am still in the break in phase. Did I mention I love this bike.
I am defintly going to get the Yamaha kevlar Boot guards soon.
I only used 4x4 once all day. You sinply do not need it with this quad.

I bought my bike at Razee Motorsports in North Kingston, Rhode Island. The sales guys are great. You already know from my post that they do not charge dock or prep fees, just the hagle price you guys decide on and sales tax.
They are great.
http://razeemotorcycle.com/
1-401-295-8837
I do not know them or represent them in any way. They were just the best price around in all of New England.
I looked for 1 month for either a Honda TRX 450R or the Grizzly 660. They had an amazing price on the TRX 450R but the grizzly is much more practicle in the long run.

Oh and to the guy who said that they wanted to just DUMP the grizzly 660 off the dealers lot, you are so wrong pal. I chose the grizzly 660 over the 700. I had them build me one right out of the crate. I am not made of money and could not afford the price difference and there is a big difference.
This dealer sells a lot of Streetbikes and dirtbikes, quads are there but mostly in the warehouse.
They will build you anything you want or get it for you so he said.
I overheard that they have several hundered bikes in the warehouse, in crates of course.

Please feel free to inform me of any info you have on the Grizzly or riding stories.
This is the first 4x4 I have ever owned and all the knowledge I can get is greatly appreciated.

Thanks All,

Have a great weekend.

bluntmang
05-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Got the 700 grizzly 07 over heats here and there.
I mean I go swimming in mud holes but todays ride was different
I just changed the oil and filter I think I have put more oil in than actually needed but It is where it is supposed to be on the dip stick.
Here and there it was over heating I think I may have just clogged my rad who knows. So owners of grizzly 700 let me know what the hell is goin on here Ill try figure it out my self but I appreciate help

ride-to-live
06-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Yea, I picked a 660 over a 700 when i bought my 2008 Grizzly. I love it, only like 250 miles on it right now, i got the dealership to put a winch, 27" Mudlites and i got the Camo Upgrade which is really nice. The only thing is, is that if my motors hot and i get in deepist water sometimes the motor will start to cut out and do weird things and after it sits for a minute it quits or after i get out it quits.. i heard it was from the steam off the motor getting sucked into the intake making it cut off and stuff from the hot moister... so i guess i need to get snorkles for the intake and stuff.. hehe anyways you will love the grizzly for a long time and it's a fun machine to ride on... comfort, fast, and a damn good mud machine.