PDA

View Full Version : 400ex wiring problem SOMEONE PLEASE HELp

newjt2
05-18-2007, 05:36 PM
I recently blew the head gasket on my 400ex. I decided to re jet when i had it all appart. After i finished up i hooked it up the to the battery charger (ive always had a week battery and just put off buying a new one) I started to turn over the motor and it blew the fuse. I looked and realized i had thrown a 30amp fuse in there. It must have been all i had around. Either way I replaced the fuse with a 15amp and now it turns over fine but has no spark. I tried a different cdi box and nothing. I am getting a pulse off the motor when i test the wires. I have a wiring diagram but its confuseing it doesnt tell me what i should get from the wires positive or neg etc etc. If anyone has a trouble shooting guide or any info that could help me it would be great.

Thanks

J

Sparky_20
05-18-2007, 07:29 PM
is it supposed to have a 15 or a 30A fuse? If it only takes a 15 then you might have melted whatever that fuse goes to.

exrider49
05-18-2007, 07:56 PM
test ur spark plug wire and see if it has spark and if it doesnt then i would call a local dealer and ask for sum suggestions and see wat happens and if u stilll cant get it working then i would let sum1 who knows more about them look at it then i would take it to a shop

sideways
05-18-2007, 07:58 PM
i had the same problem. turned out i had some wires touching the frame in front of the battery. these wires, from rubbing on the frame, became bare and grounded out. blew the fuse and the cdi. replaced both before i found the bare wires. check your whole harness for any rub spots that could have exposed bare wire. the smallest short kills it all

TYayo420
05-18-2007, 11:41 PM
there's 2 blue 15 amp fuses in the 400ex, just blew one of mine the other day, and yes i know 15amp only come in blue, i just thaught it'd make it easier.

newjt2
05-19-2007, 06:58 AM
There really is only one, there are two in that little case but one is just a extra it doesnt do anything.

dariusld
05-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by TYayo420
there's 2 blue 15 amp fuses in the 400ex,

:D :D :D :D