View Full Version : Scott's stabilizer on 400 Ex quad?

SteveWR450F
05-18-2007, 05:05 PM
I just sold one of my two bikes and have an extra Scott's steering stabilizer. I would like to put in on my girlfriends Quad - she has an 05 TRX 400 Ex.

I know Scotts makes a kit to mount the stabilizer but my question is that currently the Quad as a keyed ignition, neutral and reverse light. What happens to all of that stuff. I know she likes the neutral and reverse light and want to keep that if possible.

Does anyone use a Scotts? Any pictures of how to make it all work together? Thanks,

Steve

honda6490
05-18-2007, 07:00 PM
What are you talking about, a steering stabilizer has nothing to do with N and R lights. It just attaches to the steering post and then to the chassis.

SteveWR450F
05-18-2007, 11:12 PM
Here is what I am talking about - I think 05 was the first year for reverse. On that model, right smack in the center of the handlebars where it mounts to the handlebar clamp it has a plastic housing that olds a keyed ignition plus two lights - the light indicate either if you are in reverse or in neutral.

There is only one kit that I found on the Scotts website to mount the steering stabilizer. It appears to remove all of the above stuff. I am looking for a way to remount the lights so she can have both.

Although scotts has a lower mount kit that mounts in the frame area it only works for the 450. So . . . I was wondering does anyone have an 05 and figured out a mounting solution.

Any help would be appreciated. My guess is that your 04 does not have the dummy lights that I am talking about.

Any pictures of folks with 05 or older with Scotts or GPR handlebar mounted stabilizers?

Thanks, Steve

eliasxr400
05-28-2007, 05:38 PM
here is what I did with the key.

eliasxr400
05-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Heres where I put the lights. They are a little hard to see but look trick.

mak400ex
08-17-2007, 04:01 PM
heres were i put mine - i can see them and its a clean look.
just cut a 1" hole for the key and notch it out, you will see that on the key barrle. on the lights just drill the hole a little smaller than the light lens. if you need more info - or pics email me.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s301/mikody/IMG_0140.jpg

gapczynski
08-18-2007, 12:22 AM
i put the key on the right down on the feder under the reverse and rhe reverse light and nuteral on the left it works good. i like it. looks sweet too easy to do

gapczynski
i put the key on the right down on the feder under the reverse and rhe reverse light and nuteral on the left it works good. i like it. looks sweet too easy to do

gapczynski

gapczynski
08-18-2007, 12:23 AM