PDA

View Full Version : Where to ride near Lexington, KY?

mattn03
05-18-2007, 02:51 PM
I have just accepted a new job in Harrodsburg, KY (just south of Lexington) and want to know about riding spots in the area. I've ridden at LBL a few times and love that area, but it'll be about 3.5 hrs from us so I need something closer. Are there any public woods that allow ATV's?

My wife & I are originally from western KY, so it's nice to be coming "home".

waloud
05-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Mountain Parkway(www.mpoffroad.com), that's the closest that I can think of. A good weekend trip would be the Hatfield & McCoy trails in WV. Try www.atvpathfinder.com.

mattn03
05-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Thanks. Are the trails good at MP? I've been to their site and it looks pretty good from what I could tell. I have a friend near LBL and he wants to plan a long weekend trip to H&M once I get settled-he's got an 06 Raptor. Man, that thing is fast! :devil:

waloud
05-18-2007, 09:59 PM
I haven't been there in about a year. They also have a drag strip for cars. The strip is located before you get to the trails. The same family owns both.

mattn03
05-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by waloud
I haven't been there in about a year. They also have a drag strip for cars. The strip is located before you get to the trails. The same family owns both.

That works out great because I drag race my Mustang too :D

twistedmorphine
05-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Black Mountian Atv park it is great i was just there early this month and i live north of cincy ohio
it is in Harlan County Ky. you could google it

mattn03
05-24-2007, 09:41 PM
I've heard great things about Harlan Co and it's ATV activities.

ky300ex
05-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Mountain Parkway in Clay City,D&K Offroad park in Manchester,Big Rock in Maysville are a few of the larger riding areas.There is also a couple of small parks, Bucks Run in Trimble county and Hillz and hollarz located in Henry county.

My favorite is Mountain Parkway by far!They have everything from hardcore to easy trails,killer hill climbs and a mx track near the entrance to the park.I also see you may like drag racing.....there is also a a drag strip that joins the backside of the offroad park.

mattn03
05-27-2007, 03:31 PM
[i]
My favorite is Mountain Parkway by far!They have everything from hardcore to easy trails,killer hill climbs and a mx track near the entrance to the park.I also see you may like drag racing.....there is also a a drag strip that joins the backside of the offroad park. [/B]

Sounds good. My wife & I are moving up to Harrodsburg next Saturday, so maybe by the middle of June I'll be able to get out and ride some. :D

hotrodhonda400
05-28-2007, 08:20 AM
boone national forest is a good place and thats not far at all from lexington

smr
05-29-2007, 08:25 AM
Triple e ranch isn't far for you.

there is also a place in caneyville..think it's calle royal atv trails.

then there's paddys bluff in Eddyville

Bryan Lake near Greenville

and Linton near Linton.

the first four places charge a fea but Linton is free.

You also may want to check out www.kentuckyriders.com