PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Kentucky (and other) people riding on your property

Rekd
05-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Show some respect for your neighbors and get a pipe on your ATV if you're going to ride in your yards.

Otherwise it will soon be outlawed (http://www.undermyhelmet.com/50226711/shooting_yourself_and_the_rest_of_us_in_the_foot.p hp) to ride on your own property!

That's not just Kentucky either, folks. It's happening all over. You really need to be considerate and think about what you're doing or you won't be allowed to do it any more.

:rolleyes:

Crazy lil punk
05-18-2007, 01:47 PM
you cant stop some one from riding on their own property..

chris46250r
05-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Crazy lil punk

Yes sir they can if you are louder than some predetermined level. You ever heard of disturbing the peace?

Rekd
05-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Crazy lil punk

You are absolutely WRONG.

XXXRACER165
05-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Rekd
You are absolutely WRONG.

I'm from MN. The first pipe I put on a quad was a Cobra, people winced everytime I rode on my property. The cops said there wouldn't be another warning, they told me unless I quiet it down some how, they would take my atv away from me and I'd have to pay 100$ to get it back..

Architects
05-18-2007, 06:29 PM
it's funny how the world works. There are plenty of more important things we should be focusing on instead of noise from an ATV. Oh the Irony. But really once we meet sound they will find something else to ***** about.

450raider
05-18-2007, 06:42 PM
your right architects the only people who bi*** are the poor welfare morons who threw their lives away and lives off my taxes and has nothing better to do then complain about everything, cops should be onto them about their government fraud and methlabs instead of harassing people with atvs on their own land????:huh

Pvt. Maggot
05-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Around here there is no noise ordinance in the daytime, And I have many things louder then any quad could ever be, let em call the cops, I live on 24 acres, and I will do whatever I like on it. I can see if you live somewhere where theres a house right next to you. then maybe it would be a little different.

honduh440
05-18-2007, 07:47 PM
im sure they can make changes to make it illegal but i live in a regular neighborhood no land at all..... one day i was dialing in my steering goin up and down teh street and a neighbor called the cops ..... cop said i can sit in my driveway and rev it as loud as i want as long as i stay off the street

sideways
05-18-2007, 07:53 PM
i live in mass, and we are rapidly losing our riding areas because of loud pipes and disrespectful riders. i have repacked my hmf as well as added the queit core insert in order to curb the noise. stiill had complaints so i bought a whole new sparks outfit just to be able to ride. still have to deal with the cops.

there are many things that people can do to stop you from riding even on your own property. its been done to me on my 25 acres. i still ride, but i deal with the authorities quite often.

in other words, be respectful to others no matter where you live, cause its not in your hands whether or not you have a place to ride next year

JOEX
05-18-2007, 08:15 PM
If noise is the issue I wish they'd quit singling out ATV's and motorcycles.:ermm:

chris46250r
05-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
If noise is the issue I wish they'd quit singling out ATV's and motorcycles.:ermm:

Amen! I dont rattle as many windows on my street as the $500 Caprice Classic's with 22's and a boom boom system coming by.

79400ex
05-18-2007, 09:31 PM
or the hogs going down the streets that rattle your windows

parkers30
05-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by 79400ex

from 3 blocks away

Sjorge450R
05-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by parkers30
from 3 blocks away

excatly!

I ride at my dads work all the time with my HRC end cap on my R (most people think i ride with a aftermarket pipe because of the sound of it...pretty loud) and there are apartments surrounding his work.Its like 4-5 acres of all top soil.I build jumps and stuff and i will be there all day. Cops show up about every 2 hours. And they are like, "We got a call. People in the apartments said you are riding here without permision" I whip out my keys to the gate and i say "im aloud to be here" then the cop leaves. Never does the same cop show up on the same day cause they know im aloud to be there and they know that there is no sound restriction in our township. Just as long as its between 8-10 im good to go.

They should focus on the Harelys that blast down the road at like 12 at night instead of my quad that I ride during the day.

400EXtreme
05-19-2007, 04:19 PM
i dont think my dirtbike is much louder than a lawnmower cutting the crass...

CRich[814]
05-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by 400EXtreme
i dont think my dirtbike is much louder than a lawnmower cutting the crass...

i bet it is. mines so annoyingly loud.

05-19-2007, 06:43 PM
crich when was the last time you repacked you scilencer?

i dont get any complainys around here anymore, then agai i dont ride nearly as much as i used to either

CRich[814]
05-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
crich when was the last time you repacked you scilencer?

funny you bring this up haha. umm. so last saturday. the rivits that hold on my silencer tip just sell apart. so the tip fell off. so i just rode home. i cant ride until ups man brings me the new fmf shorty i bought on wednesday.

i dont ride around my house, so noise isnt really important. especially since i ride with 3 other 125's and 1-3 250F's depending on who has gas money/rides.

pats2007450er
05-20-2007, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Rekd
Show some respect for your neighbors and get a pipe on your ATV if you're going to ride in your yards.

Otherwise it will soon be outlawed (http://www.undermyhelmet.com/50226711/shooting_yourself_and_the_rest_of_us_in_the_foot.p hp) to ride on your own property!

That's not just Kentucky either, folks. It's happening all over. You really need to be considerate and think about what you're doing or you won't be allowed to do it any more.

what do you know about kentucky,you live ???? mile's away.:rolleyes:

sideways
05-20-2007, 06:30 AM
like he said, its not just kentucky, its happening all over. the general public doesnt like atv's, the noise they make, or the environmental impact they have. its an uphill battle as of now just to be able to keep the riding areas we currently use. be considerate, show respect, ride quietly

Outlaw 50
05-20-2007, 07:23 AM
C'mon people............WAKE UP..!!

Do you think that as individuals we are so important that we can do ANY thing we want without regard for anyone else and not suffer the consequences?

Does anyone think that once the people around us hear our quads running for hours around a small piece of ground that they won't get SICK of it?

Does anyone really believe that the louder an exhaust is the better it is?

In my opinion the louder an exhaust is the cheaper it is made and we as consumers are being ripped off by these aftermarket companies. It takes good engineering to build an exhaust that both makes power AND is quiet.

Get real... face the facts.........a single cylinder four stroke engine DOES not sound good by being loud! It sounds ANNOYING, especially for a long period of time.

Think about the neighbor who mows his grass 2 or 3 hrs at a time, when you are trying to have a conservation with friends sitting outside of your house. You want to knock the guy off his mower for crying out loud. The darn lawn looks good enough already. Put the friggin mower away! ( He actually rides around on it because he doesn't want to listen to his ol lady *****in' at him )

The point is we as quad riders are looked at with suspicion now and it doesn't get any better after people hear us fire up the quad and it hurts their ears.

Talk about shooting ourselves in the foot! This crap about being loud is NOT a good attention getter, it will cause us to have fewer and fewer places where we can do what we all love to do.....RIDE QUADS!

sideways
05-20-2007, 07:36 AM
true to all states my friend;)

pats2007450er
05-20-2007, 02:13 PM
well i see what your saying but i have 260 acres that i ride on and no one live's close.so i ride loud and proud.i used to live in town and every time i started up my 450 my neighbors called the law.the cops came down every time and said if they had to come back they were going to wright me a ****** ticket but disturbing the peace is from 10 at night to 10 in the morning.screw my neighbors there black and all they did is bump there nig*er music and sale there crack rocks but any ways i respect this sport and hope every one else does.

ZeroLogic
05-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Loud pipes don't make you go anymore faster. Stop killing our sport.;)

pats2007450er
05-20-2007, 09:14 PM
me and my loud pipe is not hurting anything or sport.no one lives around me.what about the harley's that ride down the roads at 12:00p.m. i ride on my 260 acres and do not disturb any one.btw an exhaust makes a difference.

firefighterjosh
05-20-2007, 09:55 PM
If you look at most of the articles it is in city limits. Yes there is a sounds limit in the city.

Why do you think I live in the country;) No sound law. Plus I have lived in my house for 15 years. If we get new neighbors and they ***** screw em. I will have respect and not ride after a certain time or not during a time if they work 3rd or something, but to strait up say put a diffrent pipe on...sorry not happening.

pats2007450er
05-20-2007, 11:16 PM
Just look at the GNCC.There are no quiet exhaust.Trust me it sucks racing a quiet exhaust when your around every one else because you cant hear your RPM's.When every one has a loud pipe and you have quiet pipe,it makes your bike sound weak as hell.Every one will run them till they cant buy them any more.I like my bike to sound beefed up,but i dont have any close neighbor's.My neighbor live's 4 mile's from me and he ride's a 450 with ROSSIER exhaust and my HMF is not as loud as his.I see what every one is talking about though.:huh :eek2:

Mxjunkie
05-21-2007, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by 79400ex

With the way traffic is anymore and the people on the road's you almost have to have something that makes noise so they will even see you.. Granted some are just way to loud, but would you rather have them hear you first then see you or see you at the last minute and hit you not paying attention on their cell phone? :confused:

Quads, your in the woods.. I dont think Bambi is going to run your arses over anytime soon so what's the need for a 102db pipe? lol

sideways
05-21-2007, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
With the way traffic is anymore and the people on the road's you almost have to have something that makes noise so they will even see you.. Granted some are just way to loud, but would you rather have them hear you first then see you or see you at the last minute and hit you not paying attention on their cell phone? :confused:

Quads, your in the woods.. I dont think Bambi is going to run your arses over anytime soon so what's the need for a 102db pipe? lol

i saw a bambi in the woods last week. he was holding a sign that said "loud pipes save lives..." and asking directions to the nearest gas station

yamaha250f
05-21-2007, 06:21 AM
I've given a few tickets for Noise Pollution but only because the kids were being little a-hole's but I can see where they are coming from my bike is loud as hell I wouldnt want to listen to it if I was trying to have some peace and quiet but hey it my fault for cutting the pipe. But on the other hand a loud exhaust note is music to my ears.