PDA

View Full Version : Value Help

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
05-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Tonight some of my family and I were going through some things that we have that we thought may be worth a good bit of money. We are not the type that would pawn it off or put it on e-bay etc but we found how much a couple of the things we have are worth. I received an old Rolex from my grandfather and found out tonight it is worth a little over $8,000.

The thing I need help with is this: My sisters fiance got her a gold necklace while he was overseas. The necklace is pure Arabian gold with platinum (100% gold is too soft and is proven impossible to make jewlry out of). If anyone in the military and/or has any connections with a jewlry store could you please find out how much a necklace that weighs 7.6 grams made out of Arabian gold and platinum is worth? This is gurantee'd real gold. She has never taken it off in 2 years and wears it swimming, in the shower, etc. and it's shine has not faded at all. please help

pats2007450er
05-18-2007, 02:58 AM
go to www.ebay.com and type it in and you might find some price's or go to yahoo search.

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
05-18-2007, 03:14 AM
I searched for almost everything on yahoo for that necklace and couldnt find hardly anything @ all! E-Bay doesnt show anything of this sort because Arabian gold is somewhat rare, atleast in the states. The necklace is only 18 inches and weighs 16 grams! It is all gold and platinum only. I havent stopped looking since my original post, these type of things really bother me.

chris46250r
05-18-2007, 06:10 AM
I would keep that necklace! In 3 hours and 40 minutes it has grown in weight by 8.4 grams. By this time next week you will be ready to retire.

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
05-18-2007, 01:28 PM
I hope you know that was a typo. 7.6 grams.

katch26
05-18-2007, 01:38 PM
why dont you take it to a jewelry shop for appraisal ?