PDA

View Full Version : KFX 450R replacement airbox.

PERTU
05-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Hi,

One of my friend broke the plastic airbox on his KFX 450R. The dealer wants to charge him 624$ to replace it. He only need the plastic airbox, but the dealer want to sell him a bundle of parts. They say it's not available seperatly from Kawasaki. I checked on the Kawasaki site and it seems to be the case. I think the price is ridiculous for a plastic box, and I would like to know if there are third party airbox, that are less expensive than Kawasaki, or if you know where we could buy only the airbox and not all the other parts. Or even a used airbox would be good. I've included a picture with the part needed in a red circle.

Thank you.

400exrider707
05-18-2007, 05:42 AM
How is it only available in a bundle, there is one part number pointing right at the box!? $624? Is that a serious price? I want the number of this dealer so I can call and ask how much to replace that, and then laugh at them.

54warrior
05-18-2007, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
How is it only available in a bundle, there is one part number pointing right at the box!?

the number you see is really a bolt that goes into the side it appears.

$624!!!! You've got to be kidding me. Is that the price for the part or the price to install it. What a rip-off. Seriously though, it should be like a $50 part and take about 30 minutes to remove/install.

I looked up the parts on Ronnies

http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?category=ATVs&make=Kawasaki&year=2008&fveh=10178

It appears as though there is no single part# for just the bottom of the case, you have to buy the entire thing #11010 which is $160. Seems strange that they don't just sell the bottom airbox part.

Good Luck, I'm not aware of anyone selling an aftermarket aluminum unit yet.

PERTU
05-18-2007, 07:04 AM
First of all I should have specified it is 624 CAD $. Here in Canada we are constantly being ripped off. And 624$ is the price for the parts and installs.

Thank you 54warrior, I'll seriously consider ronniesmailorder.com .

Here is the phone number of the dealer 1.866.376.7436.