PDA

View Full Version : dumb air/fuel question

somewon
05-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Ok, I haven't ridden my 525 since before I installed my JD kit. I took it out of the garage just to move it yesterday and the air/fuel mix is off (I never adjusted it from the factory setting) Tonight I rolled the carb over to adjust the screw and noticed it's a allen screw that none of my allen wrenches fit (SAE or metric) can anyone tell me what size they used to adjust their mix?

motohed
05-18-2007, 07:03 AM
find a small screw driver grind it to fit corner to corner and adjust it .if i were you iwould buy a ty davis or kuba fuel screw that you can easilly adjust with your fingers there like 21.00 brappoffroad has them and the oil bolt for the bottom screen which you will also want

somewon
05-19-2007, 09:47 AM
thanks, I was loosing my mind trying to find the right allen wrench.

somewon
05-23-2007, 07:32 PM
ok, so I stripped the head on my fuel screw, any ideas on where to get a new one? possibly one not made of soft brass?

motohed
05-24-2007, 05:59 AM
jd jetting website sells the kouba screw great item check the jetting kit for the o5 525 exc also
www.jdjetting.com
carb jet kit is jdk002
kouba fuel screw is jdfm011
spring kit for needle jdk407
this should be all you need but i bought the leak jet fuel bowl and some other stuff .
maybe we could get this pinned as these parts with the ehs racing lid add huge power gains .i am waiting for a titanium muzzy exhaust . i have already placed my order for that it is redesined for the525

LT250_JOE
05-24-2007, 06:13 AM
ARE YOU SURE ITS AN ALLEN HEAD? I JUST JETTED MINE OVER THE WEEKEND, AND IT HAD AN ALUMINUM PLUG BLOCKING THE ADJ SCREW. WHEN LOOKING AT IT, IT APPEARS TO BE A SMALL ALLEN SCREW. I DRILLED IT OUT AND EXPOSED THE BRASS FUEL SCREW. JD DOES NOT MENTION THIS IN HIS INSTRUCTIONS, MAYBE THEY DIDNT DO THIS ON ALL 525'S.

MINE BORN ON 12/06:huh

motohed
05-24-2007, 06:42 AM
yes it will work. most of this stuff it set up to be epa specific for carb emmissions. these are natural mordern modifications we have to make to get the horse power out of these engines use the brass kouba fuel screw not the aluminum ones the new gas has a negative effect on them .