PDA

View Full Version : JB a arms bushings question

MX450
05-17-2007, 09:11 PM
i picked up a set of used JB a arms, the kid i bought them from said you dont need to greese the bushings or they will wear out faster.. is this true?

also i ended up getting a new set of bushings from JB, and there was a little thing with them that said the bushings must be reemed after installation to fit the steel sleaves:confused: they seem to fit fine now.... anybody know whats up with this?

THANKS

400exrider707
05-18-2007, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by MX450
i picked up a set of used JB a arms, the kid i bought them from said you dont need to greese the bushings or they will wear out faster.. is this true?

also i ended up getting a new set of bushings from JB, and there was a little thing with them that said the bushings must be reemed after installation to fit the steel sleaves:confused: they seem to fit fine now.... anybody know whats up with this?

THANKS

You are not supposed to lube Heim joints, Im not sure what the JB's used, but I thought they were sealed balljoints. How do they mount to the frame? Post a pic of them and I can tell you. I'm unsure of reaming the bushings, I never heard of that, I've heard of having to ream the spindles for the balljoints/heims.

exrider49
05-18-2007, 06:43 AM
on my JB's on my 400 i didnt grease grease my bushings and its been almost a year and there are not wore out....out up a pic tho and see if there diff. from mine

Chino886
05-18-2007, 07:16 AM
On my a-arms where the arms mounts to the frame, I was told not to grease those bushings!

I think it depends on the type of bushing/sleeve you have.

GIXXER1KR
05-18-2007, 07:49 PM
My SMC Arms used too squeek like crazy.So i took em all out and greased em and nice and quiet!!!

MX450
05-18-2007, 10:48 PM
heres a pic of the bushing and the note.. anyone know about reeming the bushings?? the steel collars seem to fit fine!

MX450
05-18-2007, 10:53 PM
oh and i tried calling JB they DONT answer the phone!! anyone know what i need to do i want to put these on this weekend!