PDA

View Full Version : 525

06300ex
05-17-2007, 07:23 PM
I put down a deposit on a 525 today. I will be picking it up on sat. I have been reading all the posts for about three weeks now, and it seems to be a little risky(the 525), but i don't care. I just wanna haul ***! I'm trading a 300ex, good idea or bad? thx

GE4x4
05-17-2007, 07:44 PM
If you get one with a born on date later then March, you should be fine as it has all the new up-dates. So look at the born date. Don't get one before a 1/31/07 date without a very good discount as it doesn't have any of the new rear suspension updates.

YCSWAT
05-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Good idea. I pick mine up Saturday also. Let me know if you have any problems, I decided to risk it also and just go for it, based on the comments from this website. I got an extended warranty though just in case.

eerhard09
05-21-2007, 08:23 AM
GE4x4 is right. You will love it and there is a SIGNIFICANT power increase over the 300EX so be careful at first. It is a wheelie machine for sure! I was loving life at Silver Lake this weekend with mine, I could hang with anything and I weigh in at 250lbs! here is a pic, not me on my 525, but one of my buddies (I took the pic)....

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/mre2u84/OMRSL07/DSC01134.jpg

bsieren
05-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Where did you get your bumper for you Outlaw? I like that one and am looking at getting one for mine.

eerhard09
05-21-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by bsieren
Where did you get your bumper for you Outlaw? I like that one and am looking at getting one for mine.

It is a Pure Polaris bumper so you will need to order if from the dealer. I think they want $150-$160 for them....

OutlawBill
05-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Front view on my 500

Eddie11gt
05-21-2007, 08:25 PM
eerhard09
What type of exhaust is on your buddys Outlaw??

Evasiveone
05-22-2007, 09:07 AM
Looking nice eerhard.

How did you end up liking the straight haulers on the Outlaw? I finally picked up a set of Douglas rims with the Skat Trak Edge but have not had a chance to get them in the sand yet.

Eddie that is his Outlaw, just his friend driving it. It has the stock exhaust on it just an aluminum billet end cap after you pull off the spark arrestor.

eerhard09
05-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Evasiveone
Looking nice eerhard.

How did you end up liking the straight haulers on the Outlaw? I finally picked up a set of Douglas rims with the Skat Trak Edge but have not had a chance to get them in the sand yet.

Eddie that is his Outlaw, just his friend driving it. It has the stock exhaust on it just an aluminum billet end cap after you pull off the spark arrestor.

Thanks Evasiveone! I really like the Haulers, they are great for hooking up! Whoever said they do not tunr very well was wrong! The problem with turning is not the they do not turn well, but rather they will push the fronts if you are taking off and trying to turn at the same time. Once moving, they are awesome, even for carving through some sand trails. I should have gone with the dual ribbed Sand Stars though instead of the single rib Kenda Dune Runners; I am sure it would have been on rails then!

I will tell you this, the 525 is a wheelie machine in the sand with Haulers on. It was definitely a good time out there at Silver Lake on the Outlaw and I did not feel beat up at all. All of my buddies on the 450's (LTR450's, YFZ450's, and a KFX450) were all complaining of feeling beat up but I felt good after 10 hours out there on the dunes!

Eddie, yeah, he is right, it is a stock setup with the polished E-Bay end cap and spark screen. It sounds good and was very impressed! I am not sure if there would even be any gains found in a slip-on over the stock setup when configured this way.

eerhard09
05-22-2007, 10:34 AM
posted some pics of my Silver Lake trip. Here is the link to them:

Ohio Mafia Riders Silver Lake Trip (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2847176#post2847176)

OutlawBill
05-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Front sand tires make a huge difference on the Outlaw. With the extra traction of the IRS the front ribs help allot in turns. Also move your weight a little forward and inside on turns to unload the rear.